ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

morjeker

Requirements for Naturalisation

Post by morjeker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi, All,

I am applying for naturalisation for my child and myself. We both got ILR last year, however my husband did not get his ILR as he is residing in India. Is it a requirement that both parents need to have ILR to apply for the child's naturalisation?

Please help.

Thanks,

jotter
Member of Standing

Re: Requirements for Naturalisation

Post by jotter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm

I presume both you and the child currently reside in the UK. How old is the child and where was the child born? Was the child born before or after you got ILR?

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:21 pm

yes we both reside in the uk. the child is 13 years old and was born abroad

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Does the father have anything to do with the child, do you have sole responsibility?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:39 pm

What do you mean by that? The father has signed the consent for the naturalisation of the child.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:45 pm

That's not what I asked. Does the father have parental responsibility or is it solely the
Mother?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 pm

It is solely the mother since she lives with me UK but I do not have any documented evidence. Do I need to submit any document regarding this?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:47 am

You should support such a claim as the child's registration will be based on discretion under section 3(1) BNA. If you can't get evidence perhaps a letter from the Father saying that he declines parental responsibility and gives sole responsibility to the Mother as the child's future intention may not be considered in the UK if the child's parent is resident in India (see below). The child should have also been resident in the UK for at least 2 years prior to applying.
9.17.3 wrote:If there is any information to make us doubt that the child's future lies here, for example:

the child, or one or both parents, has recently left the country for a period of more than six months