ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS validity

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alle

IELTS validity

Post by Alle » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi,

This forum has been very helpful to me and my wife in our visa purposes.

My wife is due to apply for her indefinite leave to remain after completion of 2 years as per the rules in place before 2012.

One of the requirement for this is the knowledge of English.

My wife did the IELTS exams back in 2011 and therefore its over 2 years and from what I understand this certification is valid only for 2 years.

my question are:

Will UKBA accept this certificate along with life in the UK?

As part of her visa application she has shown this certification in the past, will that be helpful in anyway to prove she has done this in the past?

Given the answer is 'no' to the above 2 questions, where can she obtain the bear minimum for this requirement and at the least cost? given the cost of the application, all I need is to fork out another couple of hundreds to do an exam which will not benefit here in any other ways apart from this.

Thanks
Alle

johnj1

Re: IELTS validity

Post by johnj1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:04 pm

It has been said so many times on this forum that IELTS expired result is accepted for Naturalisation applications. You can go to British Citizenship/Naturalisation forum to read more, even Home Office did confirm it when someone sent an e-mail to ask this question.
Last edited by johnj1 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WR1

Re: IELTS validity

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:59 pm

An expired IELTS certificate is not accepted for a spouse visa.

It is nevertheless accepted for settlement (ILR) and Naturalisation (Citizenship) purposes.

More info here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 50671.html

However, just ensure you have a score of at least 4.0 in both speaking and listening (reading and writing scores are irrelevant) which meets Level B1 (requirement for ILR) as if you used it for the spouse visa, you only needed to achieve a Level A1.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided