ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused because contract did not mentioned my job title

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakhtoon77

Refused because contract did not mentioned my job title

Post by pakhtoon77 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 pm

hello everyone,
my visa was refused within 4 weeks time saying that the contract I have provided do not mention my job title and therefore hoe office cant determine whether the work that I will carryout come under nvq level 4. while my contract clearly mentions that I will work as a business consultant.
Anyone in similar situation? I have been in uk for 9 years already and need one more year to complete 10 which solicitor says I can complete anyway without winning the case by going through different courts?

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: Refused because contract did not mentioned my job title

Post by Princess of Ammi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

well what you lawyer says to you is the last resort to save the time you have already spent in this country.

whereas refusal from UKBA uses such words when you use SOC or the job title that needed a registration or permission from its regulators or professional body(s), you should ask the more experience people in your field if this was the case I do not see anything else could cause this refusal.
thanks,

pakhtoon77

Post by pakhtoon77 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi princess, there are two things which my solicitor is saying.
first is that he is 100% sure that he will win the case insha Allah because he thinks the home office made an error and that my services are mentioned in the contract according to my job title given in the application and my job title is according to the home office guidelines.
secondly he believes that we can cross the 10 years barrier by dragging the case in the different court of appeals anyway however an independent advise from another solicitor suggests its not possible to drag my case for 12 months in the court of appeals of JR and complete the 10 years. what do u think?

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:16 pm

I would not recon you to rely on such things but your appeal win. whilst appeal getting other side of 10 years sounds unlikely to happen and what I think in relation to your completing the 10 years whilst appeal is secondary thing to think about, having 10 years completed whilst appeal when if your appeal is dismissed will raise compassionate grounds and prolong the battle. I suggest you keep it to that time with a hope you win your appeal, primary thing you need to focus is to win the appeal, that you can.

you lawyer and you should know that mentioning a listed SOC does not confer a guarantee a job that you do is at level 4 or above because a SOC in relation to an applicant is recognised by the services your company provides to clients not your services to your company. secondly SOC that you have mentioned may need you formally registered with regulators or professional bodies before you could undertake a work at that position an objection in regards to your SOC would not have otherwise been brought up.

I stick to my old words you need to know if working at that position you say you do, if needs any registration(s) and the services that your company says it provides ought to have been provided to a client by you in terms of proofs that you are actually working at position you claim you are, is how you turn over a decision.
thanks,

pakhtoon77

Post by pakhtoon77 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Thanks for the info however as far as I know its not necessary to register with any professional body to provide services that I am supposed to provide. My degree is MSc international management and I provide services as a business consultant. my contract clearly says that I will work as a consultant and will consult the company in matters related to its management and financial issues. I can send you a copy of my contract if you want to have a look at. its just one and a half page.
ragards