ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No biometric letter 1 month after my application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syy
Newly Registered

No biometric letter 1 month after my application

Post by syy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 pm

PSW 50k route

Hi,

I submitted my Tier 1 entrepreneur application one month ago. Got their acknowledgement letter but not the biometric notification letter yet. I hope it's not sent to my home address as it's different to my correspondence address.

I emailed BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to ask for a redelivery. They said they only deal with Biometric Residence Permits. Is it a different thing? If they don't deal with it, where can I look for help? When I looked at this forum, people who applied around the same time got that biometric letter within 10 days. It's really strange as I still haven't got it after a month. Please help if anyone can give me some advice. Many thanks!

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Re: No biometric letter 1 month after my application

Post by tanvir1985th » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:15 pm

thats strange. people getting decision now a days within 1 month. as u mentioned that yr correspondence address is different. but u should get it even though its sent to yr home coz u live there. u have to call home office with the reference no given in yr acknowledgement letter and ask them whats happening. that will surely help u

syy
Newly Registered

Post by syy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Unfortunately I moved home before I posted my application. I use my friend's address as correspondence address. The acknowledgement letter is addressed to that so I guess there wouldn't be any problem. (Also I have checked with my housemate living in my registered home address. There's no post from HO.)

On 22nd Dec I received an urgent email from HO asking for additional information. I arranged the post the next day so they should have everything they need for their consideration before Christmas.

So far, I got one letter and one email. Since then, I've heard nothing from them. I've got a contact number from their BRP Delivery Team but they ask me to use that number only 6 months after my application. Should I call them now?

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Post by tanvir1985th » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:59 pm

syy wrote:Unfortunately I moved home before I posted my application. I use my friend's address as correspondence address. The acknowledgement letter is addressed to that so I guess there wouldn't be any problem. (Also I have checked with my housemate living in my registered home address. There's no post from HO.)

On 22nd Dec I received an urgent email from HO asking for additional information. I arranged the post the next day so they should have everything they need for their consideration before Christmas.

So far, I got one letter and one email. Since then, I've heard nothing from them. I've got a contact number from their BRP Delivery Team but they ask me to use that number only 6 months after my application. Should I call them now?
well I am bit confused now after yr explanation. what exactly do u mean by biometric letter? did u mean the invitation to register yr fingerprint or the confirmation of yr visa. since u have already got a letter from them did u get that in yr correspondence address or home address? if its yr correspondence address and as u moved yr home address i am expecting that u let them know about it. one of my friend had the same problem. he got his letter in his home address rather than his correspondence address. so i would still suggest that have a query coz it shouldn't take this long now a days.

syy
Newly Registered

Post by syy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:32 pm

I mean the invitation letter to register my fingerprint and I got the acknowledgement letter in my correspondence address.
Yes, I will contact HO.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi Syy,
I think HO asks for biometric registration straight away even without looking into application and finding missing documents to ask for additional info. I suggest you can ask your caseworker who emailed you for additional info if no other thing is working.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:16 pm

And do provide your new address to HO in order to avoid future worries.

syy
Newly Registered

Post by syy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi Meesha, I did email my caseworker but haven't got her reply yet. Maybe they are doing something but just too busy to get back with details.