ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by nilemarques » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:19 pm

[quote="Believe2013"][quote="MissA"]I'd like to congratulate everyone on the forum who has been granted in 2014, it is the most wonderful start to the new year. Can I just ask those with experience in dealing with the ukba to advise me, my partner has applied as an unmarried partner as the kids and I are all british.
Ukba hAs requested more info from us, just letters in our names as our solicitor never sent much, we have the documents to send tho. My million dollar question is, is it a sign that if we give them these documents they would grant him? At what stage do they decide to request documents, is it when they kind of decide that you have a good case? I am out of my mind with worry, I cannot sleep or eat properly. I just want this nightmare to end, I am studying full time And partner looks after the kids, he however has a degree from a uk university and is doing a masters, our situation has shamed us throughout, partner wakes up and have no job to go to every every day, we get dodgy looks from our neighbours who am sure are wondering why we don't work, pls pls advise, from your own experience do they request info when they want to grant? Or it's after looking through and seeing that they can grant if you provide what they ask. Any reply welcome and thanks[/quote]
I could be wrong but I have never experienced it on this Forum that they request for more info and then go ahead and refuse an application. I would like to extend my congratulations in advance. As for the eye-balling neighbours I'm sure they can take up plane spotting or trainspotting if they are that observant rather than give your family the dirty looks... sad people! Good luck to your Husband.[/quote]

@ Believe, plane or trainspotting!! Lol! Laughed my lungs out. Maybe even recommend spotting Stobart trucks!!! Lol!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 pm

nilemarques wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
MissA wrote:I'd like to congratulate everyone on the forum who has been granted in 2014, it is the most wonderful start to the new year. Can I just ask those with experience in dealing with the ukba to advise me, my partner has applied as an unmarried partner as the kids and I are all british.
Ukba hAs requested more info from us, just letters in our names as our solicitor never sent much, we have the documents to send tho. My million dollar question is, is it a sign that if we give them these documents they would grant him? At what stage do they decide to request documents, is it when they kind of decide that you have a good case? I am out of my mind with worry, I cannot sleep or eat properly. I just want this nightmare to end, I am studying full time And partner looks after the kids, he however has a degree from a uk university and is doing a masters, our situation has shamed us throughout, partner wakes up and have no job to go to every every day, we get dodgy looks from our neighbours who am sure are wondering why we don't work, pls pls advise, from your own experience do they request info when they want to grant? Or it's after looking through and seeing that they can grant if you provide what they ask. Any reply welcome and thanks
I could be wrong but I have never experienced it on this Forum that they request for more info and then go ahead and refuse an application. I would like to extend my congratulations in advance. As for the eye-balling neighbours I'm sure they can take up plane spotting or trainspotting if they are that observant rather than give your family the dirty looks... sad people! Good luck to your Husband.
@ Believe, plane or trainspotting!! Lol! Laughed my lungs out. Maybe even recommend spotting Stobart trucks!!! Lol!!
Yeah haha!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks everyone! I read your comments and I want to dance the night away and then all the ifs and buts come and I go back to worrying. Hopefully this would be over soon for all of us. Best of luck!!

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:50 pm

nazreen12 wrote:Hi could someone please tell me how long it takes for HO to issue the visa after the appeal has been allowed.
The HO website said it can take up to 12 Weeks from the date that your appeal determination was issued. According to the retards, you can only contact them 12 weeks from that date.

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 pm

verbina wrote:@Dapsonlee thanks darl, yeah thats pretty much what I thought, but just needed to double check.
So in case of Nazreen12 here, it means HO have 5 more days to contest the judge's decision and if they dont, then visa will be granted then... Cool! Well done Nazreen!!
@Dapsonlee, I thought as much too and my prayer for any member of this forum is that since the retards 'HO' don't have time to look at applications that has been under their nose for months and make a reasonable decision, they will never have time to look at it again for anyone whose appeal has been allowed by the Judge.

To those still waiting, living in limbo is not a 'fish and chips' game. Rain does not fall on one roof alone. We are all in this together.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi everyone

By your prayers , like Nazreen our appeal allowed as well, I have applied ILR on basis of 10 years rule oct 2012 still waiting, my solicitor applied flro application for my family members , my kids in this country 9 years, initial application for my family been refused but now appeal allowed, my application still pending , God knows how long will take for me, and how long will take for my family to get visa after appeal allowed.

Please guys just need your prayers.

Regards
Amjad leeds

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 pm

@amjadleeds. To be honest with you keep the prayers up, however add the existing patient with it, Hopefully they will implement it on time. However remember that the general tactics with HO these days is to frustrate immigrants. Allah knows best.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 pm

@MissA, I hope your response comes out positive although I would sincerely suggest that you should not stress too much before it arrives. This may be difficult to achieve but if you remember the saying about "why worry" this may help. With respect to your neighbours just a line for you
"A positive attitude may not solve your problem, but it would annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" :D
From 100 quotations to make you think.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi all, do not worry about going to search :D ,
here is a summary from my previous post
"I was refused an FLR (O) on the 15/04/13. I used a Solicitor for this application. I got free legal advice and JR was a reasonable option, Since I had no finances I started the process of the JR myself. I sent in a PAP in May (received on 8/5/13), I called HO about a week after the 14 days, the customer advisor confirmed the receipt and said it is being processed (their usual automated response).
29 days after the required 14 days, I emailed them explaining that it is a reminder that they have not yet responded to the PAP. Unknown to me my response was downstairs (It has already been delivered by the postman). :shock:.
Well! Well! Well!, Folks it was the same response as the initial decision they gave.... So folks I am going to take the case to court. The only problem is that I have no money to employ a Solicitor. However I have Allah and like we believe in this Forum they are all humans like ourselves. What's gonna be gonna be 8). I am still scouting round whether I can get a lawyer that can do it for me PRO BONO. So far the search is giving positive results, either way I am a winner, "Failures are steps in the ladder of success"

Right this was as far back as July, 2013
So after refusal of application in APRIL 2013
Reconsideration ignored/disregarded April - May
PAP sent May - Insisted on April's decision.
The lawyer submitted the JR application to the court just the Friday before the deadline
Since 28 days the date of submission to the court,the HO has used delay tactics by requesting for extensions, a total of five times all together the least time being 21 days.
The final request finally came to the notice of the Judge/court (I understand they have so much back log) the court granted it (another 29 days) and warned them that they are not likely going to grant any other extension based on the previous ones. Note all the extension requested for were rejected by me solicitor although like I said the case did not get looked into until the 5th request.(STRANGE) The HO were granted this extension which ended at the end of Nov.
HO' s decision was that they do not want to do a JR.
They requested 3 months. I objected and wanted 6 weeks they refused and stated they have no staffing to achieve it within that period (Ridiculous).
Anyway the three months has not start counting until the court stamps the order that both parties have agreed upon.
So fellow forumites :( I am still waiting.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:29 pm

And by the way, it was the seven years rule application

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:32 pm

A success story of seven years rule related to me, these family was refused several times, they kept on reapplying and they were finally granted last month. NOTE no British anything.

elastep

Post by elastep » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Hello everyone :)
Happy New Year!! I hope all is well with everyboby?
I thank God for leading us all into this new year and may he continue to have mercy on us and grant us all our heart desires. For this year of 2014 we will claim victory over our enemy HO and come out of our battles with joy and gladness in Jesus Name Amen.

Congratulations to those that have been granted and to those who were refused take heart and keep pushing forward and fighting untill you achive your goal. For those still waiting for their decision, I pray that you get a positive result soon and to the rest of us waiting for our Appeal, Reconsideration, PAP and JR May we all get good news this year in Jesus Name I pray Amen.

Just to update that I have filled application for oral reconsideration and I'm now waiting for a court date which they said I should expect within 8weeks.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:24 pm

@Al Haqq Brilliant story, thank you for sharing!! You are a couple of weeks away from victory!! And congratulations to your friend's family who had been granted under the 7 year rule!!! Keep us updated on your progress hun! You re nearly there!

@Elastep, Happy New Year to you too darling!! Hope you been well! Hopefully you ll get your hearing date soon, but even 8 weeks is not an unreasonably long waiting time, not after what we all have been through lol.....
I pray it all works out for you soon!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

elastep

Post by elastep » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:46 pm

verbina wrote:@Al Haqq Brilliant story, thank you for sharing!! You are a couple of weeks away from victory!! And congratulations to your friend's family who had been granted under the 7 year rule!!! Keep us updated on your progress hun! You re nearly there!

@Elastep, Happy New Year to you too darling!! Hope you been well! Hopefully you ll get your hearing date soon, but even 8 weeks is not an unreasonably long waiting time, not after what we all have been through lol.....
I pray it all works out for you soon!!!
Thanks verbs. Hopefully yours won't be long coming.
I hope that when the court date comes, I won't have to wait for a long time to go for the hearing. As all my applications dates seems to be happening very fast and all within 8weeks, I hope that this one will also keep within that time frame.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 pm

@Verbina thanks, I have been keeping a track on yours too. Good news soon. In sha Allah.

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi guys can some one tell me if they have had an appeal heard based on a refusal on the new rules with HO SAYING YOU AND YOUR PARTNER SHOULD RELOCATE?? Has any one been to an appeal hearing and won based on these please comment guys as I am still waiting for appeal date. Am even working still and wanted to ask if I can still take payslips to support my self on that day and include my wife's as it's only when I add ours that's when we meet the 18600 help guys please

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:23 am

Hi Dear friends
Hope you're well
Alhamdolillah
I'm really happy and relieved,
Just received the documents by post with DLR approval for my daughter and wife for another 3 year.
It's really been good to be at this forum and thanks all for help and support
My prayers are always for you guys to get your applications approved soon.
Here is my time line

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/12/2013
Date Received Ack. Letter : dated 18/12/13
Date received. 23/12/2013
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 07/01/2014
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 08/01/2014
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 28th January 2014
Date Biometrics received : waiting

Good luck all, for your applications.
Last edited by k_alibaba on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:25 am

@k_alibaba, That is a good sign that they are becoming more efficient. Good news very soon.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 am

Good morning Forum!!!!!!! Does anyone granted under 7 year child rules whose both parents are overstayer? some of the solicitors saying in a TV show until april 2013, home office grant most the 7 year child rules application? is that ture? These solicitors saying in a TV show, from april 2013 they change the law, and then they refusing every 7 year child application? Which law they changed in april 2013? I didn't get it. Is this the one "IT IS NOT REASONABLE TO LEAVE THE UK".

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:39 am

@Haqq. Thanks n I hope so.
@ shondra. Two enough reasons not to believe these kind of things 1- TV adv 2- solicitors on the tv ;)
These forums are the best to get the first hand info but only pick things what you suppose to.
Best wishes for ppls waiting for the outcome of their app.

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:00 am

majojo wrote:Hi guys can some one tell me if they have had an appeal heard based on a refusal on the new rules with HO SAYING YOU AND YOUR PARTNER SHOULD RELOCATE?? Has any one been to an appeal hearing and won based on these please comment guys as I am still waiting for appeal date. Am even working still and wanted to ask if I can still take payslips to support my self on that day and include my wife's as it's only when I add ours that's when we meet the 18600 help guys please
Hi Majojo,

This is my advice which is not professional or legal in anyway. If you are appealing and you are working based on a previous valid visa, then yes you are allowed to show an updated payslip that you meet the requirements during the tribunal. This is because most appeal application wants you to tell them why you must not be removed or why you think they made a wrong decision to refuse you in the first case. Most judges realise that people move on and if you have authorization to work before your initial application was made then you can show an update of your financial status. This is just a suggestion. I don't have similar case but I am just suggesting.

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:09 am

Global_Citizen wrote:
majojo wrote:Hi guys can some one tell me if they have had an appeal heard based on a refusal on the new rules with HO SAYING YOU AND YOUR PARTNER SHOULD RELOCATE?? Has any one been to an appeal hearing and won based on these please comment guys as I am still waiting for appeal date. Am even working still and wanted to ask if I can still take payslips to support my self on that day and include my wife's as it's only when I add ours that's when we meet the 18600 help guys please
Hi Majojo,

This is my advice which is not professional or legal in anyway. If you are appealing and you are working based on a previous valid visa, then yes you are allowed to show an updated payslip that you meet the requirements during the tribunal. This is because most appeal application wants you to tell them why you must not be removed or why you think they made a wrong decision to refuse you in the first case. Most judges realise that people move on and if you have authorization to work before your initial application was made then you can show an update of your financial status. This is just a suggestion. I don't have similar case but I am just suggesting.
Hi citizen thank you very muchy lawyer said the same thing. And glad my employers have allowed me to still work whilst my appeal is about to begin . I was on student visa and since I finished my course inwas allowed to work temporary full time so I hope the judge will accepte
Payslips n all that. Thank you so much. Hope you also have a good decesion soon

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:24 am

Hello all!! Child british citizen and both parents are overstayer, how do put the case in home office? Please advise.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi Shondra,
Has your child BC registration been accepted?
I think the best option is to consult a lawyer who can tell you the best route.

All the best. ..
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:58 pm

@this year not yet I am still waiting my child british citizenship approval but one of my friends child got a british citizenship last week, both are overstayer like me.