ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residency .help needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizwan janjua

10 years long residency .help needed

Post by rizwan janjua » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:50 am

hi !
my 10 years completed in uk as follows
got visa 31 dec 2003 arrived 22 jan 2004
7.5 years student
2 years psw
t1 visa applied but refused .. lodge an appeal 8 jan 2014 ... no result yet ..chances are refusal
still illegible for 10 years ?
or wait for outcome of an appeal
plz reply
thanks

Mrs.P

Re: 10 years long residency .help needed

Post by Mrs.P » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:39 am

Hello,
I have been to my Tier 1 appeal hearing, from my research, experience and legal advice I received, its best for you to go your hearing and add that you have completed 10 years legally as additional grounds to your appeal. The judge should then instruct the Ho to grant you ILR,provided you meet all the requirements, in the meantime do your Life in the uk test and english tests if you haven't already, be patient, things will be all right.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 am

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm

You cannot submit a new application until your appeal is decided. You have a choice. 1.Write to the court and submit additional grounds to your appeal (10 years lawfully in UK). Judge may or may not tell HO to make a decision in your favour. 2.Wait for the decision on your appeal. It does not really matter the outcome of appeal for you. Than apply for ILR. I would do both. I am not sure from where you should account 10 years period - from the beginning of your first visa, or from the time you arrived to UK... Find this out to avoid loosing time and money. Good luck.

rizwan janjua

Post by rizwan janjua » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:15 pm

thanks for advice guys
its really help full

KindHeart
Newly Registered

Post by KindHeart » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Dears friends..

I am the passenger of same train....... my long residency will complete in August but I am waiting for court hearing date because my last visa on tier 4 is rejected. do you know how long court take in hearing. I am too much worried about my future. I have three dependents. so If some one is applying for long residency then which forms dependents have to use and how much fee have to pay..
Waiting your kind reply,
Best Regards