ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About to apply for a fiance visa and lost my perm job

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WonderBread
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

About to apply for a fiance visa and lost my perm job

Post by WonderBread » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi Guys,

My girlfriend and I were about to apply for a fiance visa (in the next 6 weeks or so) and unfortunately my employer terminated my employment yesterday (giving me 2 weeks notice). I was still in my probation period but had been there 6 months.

I was previously on 30k and will prob consider anything 25k upwards

I am on a mission to get another job as fast as possible but have a couple of questions

1) If I can land another job in 2 - 4 weeks, would this have any impact on our application?

2) if i took contract work - say a 3-6 month contract where I was officially employed by an umbrella agency but on a pretty flaky contract would this cause me a lot of problems?

Thanks

Sam

SoHopeful

Re: About to apply for a fiance visa and lost my perm job

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

You can use Category B where you evidence your income over 12 months.
If you can show you have earned 18,600 in the 12 months prior to the application then you're fine. You won't need to wait until you have been with this new job 6 months, just until you have earned enough.

I don't think they are fussed about the details of the contract so to speak, just as long as it states the basics re: the position. I was with an agency when I sponsored my husband and subject to just a week's notice if they no longer needed me.

WonderBread
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: About to apply for a fiance visa and lost my perm job

Post by WonderBread » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Thanks very much, that puts my mind at rest!

Sam : )