ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imranahmed2013
Newly Registered

Process for Naturalisation

Post by Imranahmed2013 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Hey,
Can somebody please help me. I applied for Naturalisation along with my wife and 2 sons (minor) in October 2013 for naturalisation. We met all the requirements and the fees (all together for the family) was charged in November 2013. I received the naturalisation invitation letters for my wife and the sons which was dated 19 dec, 2013 received by us on 4 jan 2014. My naturalisation invitation letter has not been received yet.
Can somebody advise:-
Is it possible that though it was a family application but they have processed the applications of my wife and 2 sons and mine is still under process?
Could it be lost in post as we received 3 applications after 15 days of post by second class royal mail service? has this happened with anybody?
I am worried and any valuable feedback would be very much appreciated.
Regards,
Imra

VR

Re: Process for Naturalisation

Post by VR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Option1: Try this first

Call 01516725626 and tell them you have not received Invitation Letter for the Ceremony. They will arrange to have one sent out.

Option2: if the above does not work.

Call your local council. There have been instances in the past when the Council has received the Certificate and the invitation got lost along the way and they went ahead and arranged for the Ceremony.

Cheers
vr

Imranahmed2013
Newly Registered

Post by Imranahmed2013 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks , As advised I called the number and it has an automated voice message. I selected the relevant department and the voice message gave me an email address to send the inquiry . I have now sent an email.
I also called my local council office to arrange ceremony for my wife and kids and according to them they have a request for ceremony fort all four of us. The lady was very helpful and said she will be calling the home office and will inform them the situation and they will contact us very soon. She took our contact details and said they will contact either today or tomorrow. I believe my letter got lost in the post (as the 3 letters received took 15 days to reach us due to christmas). As soon as I have any update, I will update. Thanks for all your support.

Imranahmed2013
Newly Registered

Post by Imranahmed2013 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Hey, Just wanted to share that my invitation letter which was posted along with my wife and sons invitation reached by post last Monday. Most probably it was lost in the post during Christmas and finally came. I have now also booked an appointment for Citizenship.
For someone looking for timelines:-
Naturalisation application made: Oct 19, 2013
Application received by Home office: Oct 23, 2013
Fees charged: November 01, 2013
Letter for naturalisation issued by Home office: 19 Dec, 2013
Letters of my wife and sons received on Jan 04,2013
My Letter (which was lost in post) received on Jan 07,2013
Thanks for all your support.
Regards,

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Dear All,

Need a urgent help, I am filling An form, Do i need to submit the life in Uk and Degree along with Letter from uni and Naric certificate again with application ? I ticked on I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013 as i got my ilr on 3rd jan , 2013.

Please what documents i need to sent along with passports and ilr