ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for wife - document address

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umeruzair

ILR for wife - document address

Post by umeruzair » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi,

I just wants to know is it possible to show two different addresses as a cohab evidence to confirm that we have been living togther. As due to nature of work I have permanent and temperary address and we got evidences on both addresses under our name, hence can we show that as a proof of living relation or it has to be only one address. As I cannot provided substainal documents at one address and have to provide both addresses. Please confirm.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for wife - document address

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Submitting two different addresses will make it appear that you're not living together.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 pm

I do not think that husband and wife must live at the same address by law. So probably you will be able to defend your case in the court if this will be the ground for refusal. But you need to explain the reasons for different addresses on you documents in supporting letter to your application. I am not sure what the reason might be. I see the main challenge here is to prove that you really needed to live somewhere away from you permanent address due to work related issues - this might be letter from your employer probably... If you own both properties, probably it would be easier to explain. May be someone who had experienced the same issue might give you more detailed answer.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks for the comments so far, Please note my question is about two different address but we both have documents to prove that we are living togehter on these addresses so I think this should not be an issue. Also due to the work at london I rent a flat here but my permanent family home is in Kent and I have some documents at kent address (for both of us) and some at London address (for both of us)

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:55 pm

umeruzair wrote:Thanks for the comments so far, Please note my question is about two different address but we both have documents to prove that we are living togehter on these addresses so I think this should not be an issue. Also due to the work at london I rent a flat here but my permanent family home is in Kent and I have some documents at kent address (for both of us) and some at London address (for both of us)
Should be alright. I guess it just boils down to how you present the evidence. Best to keep it simple and not very confusing for the caseworker though.