ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Collection Timings London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ritswaney

OCI Collection Timings London

Post by ritswaney » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:53 am

It seems like the OCI Collection times gave changed very recently (23/12/2013)

It used to be submission of documents before 12 and then collection at 430 pm, which meant spending the whole day.

However it seems like they've changed to a more sensible submission of documents between 2-4 and then collection 4.30-5.

https://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html

Has anyone done this recently and can confirm the new times ? I just want to be sure before turning up to collect. Thanks.

ritswaney

Re: OCI Collection Timings London

Post by ritswaney » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:21 pm

I can confirm that the collection times have changed effective 23/12. (Collected on 30/12)

Passport submissions between 2-4 and collection 4.30 - 5.30
Last edited by ritswaney on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VR

Post by VR » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 pm

No change of time.This process has been there on the website for a while now. I was there a few weeks ago and a friend had come for collection. You need to go there in the morning and stand in a separate queue and submit the foreign Passport,the printout of the status report and the acknowledgement slip given when you submitted your OCI application.

Then the whole day is lost. You go there in the afternoon and they start calling out names when you need to be present to collect your passport. I directed him to a few nearby libraries to while away the wait.
cheers
vr

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:09 am

VR wrote:No change of time.This process has been there on the website for a while now. I was there a few weeks ago and a friend had come for collection. You need to go there in the morning and stand in a separate queue and submit the foreign Passport,the printout of the status report and the acknowledgement slip given when you submitted your OCI application.
The website very clearly suggests that the change of time is effective from 23 December 2013.

VR

Post by VR » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:35 am

Apologies Lifofifo, Just saw that. I had gone 10 days earlier. Thanks for pointing out. Now I can plan my trip to collect accordingly.
cheers
vr

Vanitagohil
Newly Registered

Re: OCI requirement

Post by Vanitagohil » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:10 pm

I was born in India on 21/4/1950 , currently live in uk and have a British passport. Can any one tell me if I am eligible for an oci?

Many thanks

VR

Post by VR » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi,

The eligibility criteria is as below

A foreign national, who

was eligible to become a citizen of India on 26.01.1950, or
was a citizen of India on or at any time after 26.01.1950, or
belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947
and his / her children and grandchildren, are eligible for registration as Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), provided his / her country of citizenship allows dual citizenship in some form or other under the local laws. The minor children of such persons are also eligible for OCI.
Note:
i) Minor children are NOT eligible for OCI in case both parents are Indian nationals.
ii) If the applicant had ever been a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh, he / she will not be eligible for OCI.

Since you were born in India you are eligible to apply for OCI subject to the note above.

Please check this link and click on the different hyperlinks which will tell you the whole process of how to go about applying.
cheers
vr

ashkar
Newly Registered

Post by ashkar » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:37 pm

ritswaney wrote:It seems like the OCI Collection times gave changed very recently (23/12/2013)

It used to be submission of documents before 12 and then collection at 430 pm, which meant spending the whole day.

However it seems like they've changed to a more sensible submission of documents between 2-4 and then collection 4.30-5.

Has anyone done this recently and can confirm the new times ? I just want to be sure before turning up to collect. Thanks.

So do we need to be there by 2 and submit our passport and then collect by 4:30 thats it ?

ashkar
Newly Registered

Post by ashkar » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:38 pm

ritswaney wrote:It seems like the OCI Collection times gave changed very recently (23/12/2013)

its Quit URGENT Please confirm as its going to be postal only from Monday

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Submission of documents starts at 2 and the collection starts at around 3. I was there on Tuesday and I was out of the HCI before 3:30.

VR

Post by VR » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Gr8 Lifofifo!Thanks for the update! I go to get mine on Monday!! Thank God they made this change, else an entire day was being wasted.
cheers
vr