ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info required on IELTS sites and material

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

Hi,
I wish to appear for IELTS exam. Can someone help me
1) Which is the official site where I can register.
2) What is the fees
3) How much time it takes for preparation for a average person :D
4) How soon the result will come.
5) How easy is it to clear
Regards,
Richie

HolaHSMP

Post by HolaHSMP » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:03 pm

1) Which is the official site where I can register.

http://www.ielts.org/searchresults/defa ... d4331a543d

There are 2 types of tests, Academic or General. Both scores are accepatable for HSMP. Minimum score required is 6 out of 9. Select your city. For eg. London and select the nearest test centre. You will need to download the form, fill it up manually and then either post it or go to the respective test location and submit the form. You will find the next available dates under each test location of the city that you choose.

2) What is the fees
GBP 95.00

3) How much time it takes for preparation for a average person

Ideally if you have been in UK for an year or so and educated enough to converse in english, I would suggest you to buy an IELTS book from Borders, it will cost you £12.00, practise couple of tests to get a flair of the tests. Anyways, the IELTS guys will send you a free test material once you register.
In my case I prepared for only 2 days, 2 hrs each day and was able to score decent 7.5.

4) How soon the result will come.

Since its a paper pencil based test you will not get the results instantly. Its a day long test with 3 paper pencil tests (Listening, Reading and writing) and then a speaking test. The results will be posted to you in 2-3 weeks time. Ideally you will be given a date when the official scores will be posted.

5) How easy is it to clear

I would rate the test as easy as getting up in the morning for a shower.

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply...

I already have a letter from my college saying I have completed my BE in english language and asked for a NARIC approval for my university. Is it sufficient or IELTS is a must?
Regards,
Richie

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:21 pm

Is your BE certificate issued by University or the college. The letter confirming that you did your BE in English shud be given by the BE certificate issuing authority.....

subhsmp
Newly Registered

IELTS at Sussex downs college

Post by subhsmp » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:44 pm

I have booked for the academic test at "Susses Downs College" on the 14th July. But they did not send any test preparation material with the admision card.