ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public funds related question.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moustafag
Newly Registered

Public funds related question.

Post by moustafag » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Guys,

My wife is an EEA national. I got my EEA2-5 years RC- last October 2011. We both have been working even before I got my RC.

Two questions:
1) I read that neither EEA national or family member can have access to public funds. My wife is pregnant so maternity statuary pay and allowance are now considered by us. are we eligible for maternity pay or is it considered public funds?

2) We both cancelled CSI when we got jobs and been using NHS. As we both are employed and pay NI. We will not face any issues when applying for EEA4 right?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Public funds related question.

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:00 pm

moustafag wrote: 1) I read that neither EEA national or family member can have access to public funds. My wife is pregnant so maternity statuary pay and allowance are now considered by us. are we eligible for maternity pay or is it considered public funds?
Not considered public funds for the purpose of burden on the state as a EEA national.
You would also be eligible for child benefit and it is not considered public funds.
2) We both cancelled CSI when we got jobs and been using NHS. As we both are employed and pay NI. We will not face any issues when applying for EEA4 right?
What you do is irrelevant. If you wife works, CSI not required. If she is self-sufficient (based on savings or your work), CSI is required (for that period).

moustafag
Newly Registered

Post by moustafag » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks Jambo. Much appreciated.

heath2006

Post by heath2006 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi there,

My husband (non EEA national) and I (EEA national) are in the same situation. I understand that Statutory Maternity Pay is not considered public funds and will thus not affect his EEA4 application in a couple of years from now? I will still be employed during maternity leave and am planning to go back to my same job after that. Since moustafag posted this back in 2012, I was wondering if someone could confirm that nothing has changed regarding this?

Thanks

heath2006

Post by heath2006 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi, could someone shed some light on my previous post please?

Thanks