ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian visa for Pakistani National

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Indian visa for Pakistani National

Post by Jellybean105 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 am

Hi everyone

Has anyone experienced getting an Indian visa for a Pakistani national, either in the UK or in Ireland? I would like to know the chances of getting it as I know India can be very difficult at times. UK requirements are different to those in Ireland, they are more complicated but I don't know where it would be better to apply and how long it would take.

My husband is Pakistani, who will hopefully get an Ireland resident card soon and also has a UK family permit. I'm British and my mum is an Indian born British so I have an OCI. I'm not sure if any of that helps?
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

ban.s

Re: Indian visa for Pakistani National

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:16 pm

I don't foresee any issue except longer processing time. This is a known fact as Indian visa applications from Pakistani nationals/dual citizens need to be endorsed by the Home Ministry at Delhi. You can expect additional endorsements on the visa but if proper documents submitted there should not be any issue with approval. Your OCI status/family ties with India will definitely provide legitimacy of visit.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Thank you for your reply, it gives me a bit of hope! How long would you expect it to take? It says minimum 10-15 days on their site but in reality has anyone experienced it before?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:45 pm

I would plan for 3-4 weeks of processing time. Each application is reviewed and processed as per submitted documentation/applicant's background/previous travel history etc. Often two seeming similar application may result different outcome due to some underlying issues. Drawing any conclusion or compare speed of processing from other applications may give false hope or anxiety.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Okay thanks. We have decided to apply in Ireland. The site only asks for a valid passport, one photo, filled form, fees and one proof of residence. Compared to the requirements needed in the UK, it seems too simple. Should we send more documents? Like sponsors letter etc?
Also, do they keep the passport or only take photocopies? If so, when should we expect it to be returned?

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:01 pm

My husbands current temp stamp 4 expires on the 15th of Feb, the day his resident card decision is due. If he applies for an Indian visa now, will they not accept it as he hasn't received the card yet? Is there a minimum valid visa requirement to apply for a visa outside your home country?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Is there a minimum valid visa requirement to apply for a visa outside your home country?
Yes, normally it's 6 month unless returning back to home country.

ayan05

Post by ayan05 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:48 am

You will need a Pakistan Passport. then you can apply for an Indian VISA. You see the VISA goes inside your passport.