ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for Dependant SET(M) or SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mathy
Newly Registered

ILR application for Dependant SET(M) or SET(O)

Post by Mathy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi,

My Husband was in Tier 1 General and got his ILR in March 2013. I hold Tier 1 Dependant Visa and came to UK by April 2011. Now i am planning to apply for my ILR as i am under the 2 years rule.

We booked appointment with Set(M) application . But when my husband called and checked in UKBA home office they said it should be SET(O), but reading the rules in UKBA (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tiontypes/)it looks like SET(M)

Someone please confirm me which is the correct application

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application for Dependant SET(M) or SET(O)

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:03 pm

SET(O) is correct.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Mathy
Newly Registered

Post by Mathy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Please clarify the below,

1. In the SET(O) form the main application should be the dependant name or the sponsor's name

2. Also i have booked appointment for Jan 18 with SET(M) form, do i need to cancel and book an new appointment with SET(O)
or i can call and change the form ?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:03 pm

The main applicant would be the dep. I imagine you can just turn up and use the same appointment as the forms are very similar and the fees are the same.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi Amber,

Please can you clarify why dependant has to use SET (O) instead of SET (M)?
Amber_ wrote:The main applicant would be the dep. I imagine you can just turn up and use the same appointment as the forms are very similar and the fees are the same.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:16 pm

SET(M) is for those with spouse/FLR(M) leave. A PBS dep whose spouse/partner/akin has settled as as a PBS applicant is entitled to settle on SET(O) when they have satisfied the requirements including the qualification period of 2/5 years.

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

How dependant will qualify for the income, experience and other points?
Amber_ wrote:SET(M) is for those with spouse/FLR(M) leave. A PBS dep whose spouse/partner/akin has settled as as a PBS applicant is entitled to settle on SET(O) when they have satisfied the requirements including the qualification period of 2/5 years.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:03 pm

For SET(O) it's basically just KoLL (LIUK and B1 English), proof of cohabitation, qualifying period satisfied and adequate maintenance/accommodation. No experience, points etc... That's all not applicable. Obviously, both applicant and partner's BRPs, Passports and Marriage Certificate, 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks for clarification.
Amber_ wrote:For SET(O) it's basically just KoLL (LIUK and B1 English), proof of cohabitation, qualifying period satisfied and adequate maintenance/accommodation. No experience, points etc... That's all not applicable. Obviously, both applicant and partner's BRPs, Passports and Marriage Certificate, 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.

nyasecret
Newly Registered

Post by nyasecret » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi
Am in a similar situation, my husband was granted ILR and I was denied due KOl requirements. Was told to apply using set O form. I need some clarification, from your response above I should apply as main applicant. My query is what fees to pay and should I use my husband's documents?

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:57 am

The fees are stipulated on the form, main applicant fee. You'll need the documents stipulated below.

nyasecret
Newly Registered

Post by nyasecret » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Thanks Amber.

One more query. Do I need my husbands letter from employer as one of the documents and do I also need one from my employer?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm

No.

nyasecret
Newly Registered

Post by nyasecret » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Is that a No for my husband's letter or mine?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:18 am

You don't need letter from Employers at all unless you're using them as cohabitation proof.

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Post by Gnanasekar » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:24 am

With due respect, I would like to understand the discrepancy between answers here and UKBA page. Could someone explain http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/
Amber_ wrote:SET(O) is correct.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 am

Settlement wrote:You can apply for settlement as a husband, wife or civil partner if:

you have completed a period of 2 years in the UK, with a visa or permission to remain here in this category;
There is no discrepancy. Tier 1 Dependants are not "in this category".
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Priyanka123
Newly Registered

Post by Priyanka123 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:40 am

Hi,
I am also in the same situation.
My husband got the ILR from Tier 1 general and now I have to apply for ILR as his dependant.
I am sure the correct for for me is SET O but I just have one doubt, do I (I am a dependant) need to fill in the section 6 Immigration History section in my form?
I mean do I need to give details of all my absences from UK? I was a housewife all the time as dependant and have no employer to give me a letter for absences etc.
Please advise.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Priya

nirjharsaha
Newly Registered

Post by nirjharsaha » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi,

I am a British citizen. Before naturalizing as a British citizen in 2013, I had obviously got my Settlement; and prior to that I was on a work permit. Basically, I had got my settlement through the 5 year work permit in 2011 and got my citizenship in 2013.

My wife had applied for a spouse visa in June 2012 and got her Visa in Sept 2012. She then entered the country in December 2012. Now that 2 years have passed, she is applying for her settlement through the 2 year route (i.e she applied for her spouse visa prior to 9th July 2012),

Could you please tell which form she should apply (SET M or SET O)? If I use the UKBA questionnaire, it seems to show SET O form. However, the eligibility criteria of SET M seems to match my wife's case as I am British now. Set O doesn't seem to be the correct one.

Please advise. We have an appointment in a couple of days for SET M in the premium service center. So need response asap.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:16 pm

nirjharsaha wrote:Hi,

I am a British citizen. Before naturalizing as a British citizen in 2013, I had obviously got my Settlement; and prior to that I was on a work permit. Basically, I had got my settlement through the 5 year work permit in 2011 and got my citizenship in 2013.

My wife had applied for a spouse visa in June 2012 and got her Visa in Sept 2012. She then entered the country in December 2012. Now that 2 years have passed, she is applying for her settlement through the 2 year route (i.e she applied for her spouse visa prior to 9th July 2012),

Could you please tell which form she should apply (SET M or SET O)? If I use the UKBA questionnaire, it seems to show SET O form. However, the eligibility criteria of SET M seems to match my wife's case as I am British now. Set O doesn't seem to be the correct one.

Please advise. We have an appointment in a couple of days for SET M in the premium service center. So need response asap.

Many thanks
It is Set(M) if she is on a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.