ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part-time working and sponsorhip

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

redaha
Newly Registered

Part-time working and sponsorhip

Post by redaha » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi

I have been approached by a some big companies for a couple of part-time roles and we are in the process of scheduling interviews. However, I would like to know if I am able to work part-time working hours on a Toer 2 general visa or not. Can My employer sponsor me and if so how will this work?

thanks
R

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Part-time working and sponsorhip

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:00 am

As far as I am aware you are able to work part time.

However, the minimum salary is still the same - £20,300 or as in the code of practice, whichever is the higher.

If you can get £20,300+ for part time hours, then you should be fine.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

MaximusNostramus
Newly Registered

Re: Part-time working and sponsorhip

Post by MaximusNostramus » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:12 am

What visa are you currently on? You didn't make that clear?

If you are making an initial tier 2 (G) application - if you look at the soc codes and the job descriptions first of all there is no mention of part-time work hours - most jobs are full-time (37 hours/week) that is why they have those associated salary scales with them too.

If you are already in uk on a tier 2 (G) - and wish to work for another company - you need to ensure the company also offers you a cos and hires you for that job for those hours - this is called complementary work - if you had tier 2 (G) this documentation comes when you get the visa. If you are in uk with already a tier 2 (G) - I suggest call ukba to clarify this complementary work to be absolutely informed so you can take an informed decision. Here is a link - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... s/#header2

I hope I have understood your question and not just talking nonsense.

Best wishes