ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M or SET O

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Djky
Newly Registered

SET M or SET O

Post by Djky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi guys,

I have got my ILR last January but my wife had joined me in uk in July 2011. So she couldn't apply for the ILR with me as not been in uk for 2 years ans she is still on her tier 2 dependent visa valid until July 2014.

Now, we are planning to apply for her ILR visa but are not sure which form to be used set m or set o.

Set o seems to be for the people who have completed 5 years in uk but then set m says that you should not use the form if your partner was under point based system before ILR. So, I am kind of confused.

Can seniors please advise ?? Thanks for your help in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET M or SET O

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:37 am

Did you get ILR as a PBS applicant? If so, then it's SET(O).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Djky
Newly Registered

Post by Djky » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:28 am

Amber_ wrote:Did you get ILR as a PBS applicant? If so, then it's SET(O).
I got my ILR as tier 2 general applicant... Which form should we use ??

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:43 am

SET(O).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Djky
Newly Registered

Post by Djky » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:53 am

Amber_ wrote:SET(O).

But set o doesn't ask for any details of the settled person which would be me and also the set of documents which are required are like any tier 1 and tier 2 applying for the ILR. My wife wouldn't have all those documents like absences from the uk and in the form it does not say anywhere that set o can be used for dependants of the settled people.

Can you please advise me documents needed with set o and also is there any place on ukba website which states that this form should be used?

Thanks for help in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:05 am

For SET(O) it's basically just KoLL (LIUK and B1 English), proof of cohabitation, qualifying period satisfied and adequate maintenance/accommodation. No experience, points etc... That's all not applicable. Obviously, both applicant and partner's BRPs, Passports and Marriage Certificate, 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.

See also, SET(O) for PBS dependent of person who recently got ILR (click).

Djky
Newly Registered

Post by Djky » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:12 am

Amber_ wrote:For SET(O) it's basically just KoLL (LIUK and B1 English), proof of cohabitation, qualifying period satisfied and adequate maintenance/accommodation. No experience, points etc... That's all not applicable. Obviously, both applicant and partner's BRPs, Passports and Marriage Certificate, 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.

See also, SET(O) for PBS dependent of person who recently got ILR (click).
Thanks Amber..

Is there any post in the forum where someone got the ILR using set o for tier 2 dependent, just to get some more information in filling the form and will also help in carrying my doubts.

Anybody who has been in this situation,please advise

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:14 am

Click the link I put in below.

Also, I am not sure what form you are reading as SET(O) clearly states on Page 9 under Section B - PBS dependant.

Djky
Newly Registered

Post by Djky » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Amber_ wrote:Click the link I put in below.

Also, I am not sure what form you are reading as SET(O) clearly states on Page 9 under Section B - PBS dependant.
Hi,

I also have a question about the cohibilation document which I need to submit.

We have letter from multiple sources for last 2.5 years and I have below questions about what documents should I submit.

So for eg, I have a letter from tenancy agreement in my wife and my name in July 2011 and a council tax in the same month. Do we need more documents to be available for July 2011 or we should have a document from different source like BT in October/ nov 2011. So, basically do we need 6 documents in our joint name for each month or it is 6 documents in total spreading g over 2 years??

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:55 am

For roughly every 4 months of the last 2 years, you need one joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.