ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 - CSI and EHIC query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alin2600
Newly Registered

EEA3 - CSI and EHIC query

Post by alin2600 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Hello all

I've been browsing through the forum for the last couple of hours and couldn't find an answer to my specific question.
I would like to apply for an EEA3 and will need to provide proof for CSI for my student years according to the form.

A little bit about my case:

I did a BA in the UK between September 2007 - July 2011 (with a placement year as part of the course) and then a Masters in the UK between September 2011 - September 2012. I was also here between July and September 2011 as a self-sufficient person / seeking employment (could fall into both categories) as I was applying for graduate jobs at the time but then decided to do the Masters as I was awareded a scholarship.
After finishing my Masters I started my current job in September 2012 and I’m still with the company working full-time now.

However, here is the tricky thing about my case - I'm Romanian. I applied for a Yellow Card in my first year of university so I can work part-time - I received this in November 2007. At the time CSI was not a requirement for the Yellow Card so I never thought about getting a NHIC from my home country.
In 2009 I applied for a Blue Card as I was eligible for it because I worked part-time during my studies continuously for 12 months. I received my Blue Card in November 2009. Again, CSI was not a requirement when I applied for this.

Now I'd like to get my British Citizenship and I don't want to risk paying the £800 fee and being rejected so would prefer to get my EEA3 PR first and apply with the AN form after 1 year.

My problem - I don't have an EHIC from my home country for the time I was a student and there is also a 3-month gap between my undergraduate and Masters when I was self-sufficient/looking for work. Is there any way around this?

Could I write a cover letter alongside my EEA3 stating that at the time of receiving my Yellow and Blue cards the CSI was not a requirement?

Thanks in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA3 - CSI and EHIC query

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:43 pm

UKBA's policy changed regarding the requirement for CSI for students (around 2011). If you successfully applied for documentation without CSI evidence, then their policy is generally not to require it.

You could apply for permanent residence certificate and test whether you receive it.

alin2600
Newly Registered

Re: EEA3 - CSI and EHIC query

Post by alin2600 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it.

Is there any directive that states this? I would like to quote it in my application so that I ensure I'm backed up as I don't want to risk being rejected.