ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for Late Entry (less than 90 days)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudhindra_p
Newly Registered

ILR application for Late Entry (less than 90 days)

Post by sudhindra_p » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi,
I applied for Tier 1 (General) application while working in USA and got it approved...Following are the details

First Entry Clearance Date : 01-Feb-2009 Approved Until 01-Feb-2012
T1 Extension approved and Valid Until 10-Feb-2014

I entered UK on 19-April-2009 (69 Days later than clearance date)
Was out of country on holiday break for 40 days in 5 years.

While reading through the rules and some of the experience of other guys, I found the link while suggest that I am eligible despite the fact that I entered 69 days late.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Following are my queries
1. Am I eligible for ILR even when I was not present in UK for 5 years completely (physically)
2. The section from PDF is confusing (copied below). I was working until 04-Apr-2009 in USA before landing in UK on 19-Apr-2009. Does that mean I am not eligible (with reference to confusing section)
If the absences are connected to other employment outside the UK, which demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences, and the continuous period requirement is considered broken.

Your help is highly appreciated..

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR application for Late Entry (less than 90 days)

Post by manci » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Apply between now and 10 Feb 2014.

The concession that allows you to do this is on p21 (immediately above the para you quoted):

Applications can be sent 28 days before the end of the qualifying period. The end of the qualifying period in your case will be 1 Feb 2014.

The 40 day holiday absence is not an issue.

IMHO what you quoted would only apply if you left the UK while on T1G and took employment abroad during the period of absence.

sudhindra_p
Newly Registered

Post by sudhindra_p » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:22 pm

manci wrote:Apply between now and 10 Feb 2014.

The concession that allows you to do this is on p21 (immediately above the para you quoted):

Applications can be sent 28 days before the end of the qualifying period. The end of the qualifying period in your case will be 1 Feb 2014.

The 40 day holiday absence is not an issue.

IMHO what you quoted would only apply if you left the UK while on T1G and took employment abroad during the period of absence.

Hi Manci, Thanks for the response...

I am confused with your response... The in person booking is available on 4th of Feb 2014. I hope that is ok.. Because you mentioned 1 Feb 2014...

Pl confirm asap

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

4 Feb 14 is OK for the PEO appointment.

1 Feb 14 is the end of the qualifying period and the earliest you could have applied was 28 days before then (i.e. 3 Jan 14) but of course you can also apply later. Your present leave expires on 10 Feb 14 that is why I said that you should apply before this date.

sudhindra_p
Newly Registered

Post by sudhindra_p » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi, Thanks again...

I want to be 100% sure about my point 2 mentioned in my very first post

<The section from PDF is confusing (copied below). I was working until 04-Apr-2009 in USA before landing in UK on 19-Apr-2009. Does that mean I am not eligible (with reference to confusing section) >

Pl confirm.

Thanks in advance.