ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

east579new

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by east579new » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:06 pm

rioses wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello Forum HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. I only send reconsideration in sept 4 2013, home office didn't reply. I didn't go for JR. In 28th nov 2013 CAPITA BOUNTY HUNTERS send me a letter to leave the country, I replied them back I am not going because my family life established in uk like my child born and brought up here now 10 years old and applied british citizenship in October 18th 2013 just waiting for approval. Guys further what will happened with me from HOME OFFICE? Just waiting removal notice from HOME OFFICE after that I can have a right of appeal but when? our family passport and marriage certificate and my child birth certificate is in HOME OFFICE. Even now I can't go for JR its already 4 months for refusal. I have been in this country 16 years. What is the next step for me? please advise and what HOME OFFICE going to do? because I only send reconsideration letter, does sometimes HOME OFFICE LOOK AT THE RECONSDIERATION LETTER?

I received a removal notice last week with right of appeal in my home country.
Becarefull roises im no expert but i belive that it just a tactic to get you to leave the country voulanterily, DO NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY if they have issued a removal notice then let them come and get you i think (again im no DL) if they have to come and forcebly try to remove you the right off appeal is activiated in country(UK).

All this go to your home country and you will have the right of appeal is Bull SXXX in my opinion its hard enough to get them to listen to you here in the UK imagine if you went back to your old country they would probably deny all knowlage of it.

east579new

Post by east579new » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello all!! Child british citizen and both parents are overstayer, how do put the case in home office? Please advise.
Hi Shondra how are you? you really need to seek legal advice on your situation, dont leave it all to forum advice nobody here is a pro and the pros know the case law well i see alot of citizen advice beureu's are now employing level 2 immigration advisors which are able to do case work.
My Partner is putting in a new application this month so i will let you know what happens.

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:36 pm

@ Verbs congrats! Just can't wait for you to have your package in your hands come Monday .

Just a bit of a moan. Was asked for additional docs on the 31/12/13 although my lawyer told me on the 3/01/14. He said he just came across the email accidentally. Ok, no problem with that I thought and got him the docs on Wednesday 8/01/14 and they are due for the 14/01/14. However I asked him when exactly he would send them, but he couldn't give me a definite answer. When I called him on Friday to ask him whether he had sent them , he became quite defensive and kept on going on how what I was doing wasn't right and he was a solicitor and would send them. I was taken aback because all I expected was a tracking number or a definite time he would post my docs. Not heard from him today and really stressed out! Don't really know what to think. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks.

rioses
Newly Registered

Post by rioses » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:03 pm

east579new wrote:
rioses wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello Forum HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. I only send reconsideration in sept 4 2013, home office didn't reply. I didn't go for JR. In 28th nov 2013 CAPITA BOUNTY HUNTERS send me a letter to leave the country, I replied them back I am not going because my family life established in uk like my child born and brought up here now 10 years old and applied british citizenship in October 18th 2013 just waiting for approval. Guys further what will happened with me from HOME OFFICE? Just waiting removal notice from HOME OFFICE after that I can have a right of appeal but when? our family passport and marriage certificate and my child birth certificate is in HOME OFFICE. Even now I can't go for JR its already 4 months for refusal. I have been in this country 16 years. What is the next step for me? please advise and what HOME OFFICE going to do? because I only send reconsideration letter, does sometimes HOME OFFICE LOOK AT THE RECONSDIERATION LETTER?

I received a removal notice last week with right of appeal in my home country.
Becarefull roises im no expert but i belive that it just a tactic to get you to leave the country voulanterily, DO NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY if they have issued a removal notice then let them come and get you i think (again im no DL) if they have to come and forcebly try to remove you the right off appeal is activiated in country(UK).

All this go to your home country and you will have the right of appeal is Bull SXXX in my opinion its hard enough to get them to listen to you here in the UK imagine if you went back to your old country they would probably deny all knowlage of it.
my tier 4 visa was refused b'cos they said they could not withdraw application fees for one of my kids(dependant),thereby rendering my applicatin invalid and visa had expired b4 they returned my documents.I have 4 dependants who have only been in the UK for only 2.5yrs.I went on to apply for human rights which was also refused and a removal notice has been served.I reported last week to a reporting centre and have been asked to report once every three months.Will a fresh application hold the forth?

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:21 pm

@rioses
I quiet agree with what east579new wrote. Once you move you will most probably be told that since you have survived so so months then you will be fine.

However, it may be a battle with them. I also do not see any reason why you can not put another application through, but it will be wise to make sure you have enough reason unfortunately. I can not help you with this.

Just for the benefit of others who might find themselves in similar situation of applying for dependant and finances not okay. Note that if you are struggling financially it is sensible to apply for the main only, therefore making you have your legal stay status (Especially if the dependants are minor) then you can apply for the dependants later.

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Happy new year lovely people on this forum.thanks for all the advice this is the best forum ever.

My query is am looking to make an application for flr(o) but cant afford the fees they charge. i have some bills but they dont make 2 years, i dont think. do you think i stand a chance without a solicitor?

my story is i came here 2008 on a 2 yr working holiday visa and overstayed after that, then met my british partner, we have a 6 month old son but we only started living together when i became pregnant.
some one help me with an introductory draft letter and any more advice please thanks x
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:13 am

i too agree with East579 with the appeal, however, i have a problem in the sense that he/she loosely unleashes snidey remarks to discredit this Forum. May I remind him/her that we all are aware that this is no alternative to legal professional advice but a good platform to seek on such. East579 albeit being a dormant member you can not deny you have richly benefited from the valuable exhange of information and experience on here! Sometimes a thank you goes a long way. Yes we are no experts in case law but what we share is varied experience from our legal professionals. You want yo be a 'wind up merchant' and insult people on here go elsewhere. I am no moderator of this forum but I will confront you all the time when you attempt to antagonise people here! Forum please keep up the valuable discussion & exchange of info and experience. Do not be deterred by one or two counter-productive elements that think they know it all!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:19 am

TurboA wrote:@ Verbs congrats! Just can't wait for you to have your package in your hands come Monday .

Just a bit of a moan. Was asked for additional docs on the 31/12/13 although my lawyer told me on the 3/01/14. He said he just came across the email accidentally. Ok, no problem with that I thought and got him the docs on Wednesday 8/01/14 and they are due for the 14/01/14. However I asked him when exactly he would send them, but he couldn't give me a definite answer. When I called him on Friday to ask him whether he had sent them , he became quite defensive and kept on going on how what I was doing wasn't right and he was a solicitor and would send them. I was taken aback because all I expected was a tracking number or a definite time he would post my docs. Not heard from him today and really stressed out! Don't really know what to think. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks.
Morning TurboA,

I believe whole heartedly that your case is heading towards a positive outcome. They say patience is a virtue and you have to exercise that with solicitors. I know you paid them for services but believe me when I say they can be very annoying. They act like your best friend till you swipe your card on their machines then a monster is unleashed.

I believe most times when they do that, they don't just send the documents requested on its own, they back it up with case files and cover letters in order to perhaps show why you should be granted and this draft cannot be rushed but trust me, they have a habit of sending these things a day before or on the day/date of deadline so please don't panic. They are working for you and not against you. I can guarantee you that if you call them on the last day/deadline, the will give you a positive outcome. Don't fret over the solicitor, they will come through just keep your prayers on the caseworker. I pray a favourable decision is heading your way. Happy Sunday!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:31 am

Believe2013 wrote:i too agree with East579 with the appeal, however, i have a problem in the sense that he/she loosely unleashes snidey remarks to discredit this Forum. May I remind him/her that we all are aware that this is no alternative to legal professional advice but a good platform to seek on such. East579 albeit being a dormant member you can not deny you have richly benefited from the valuable exhange of information and experience on here! Sometimes a thank you goes a long way. Yes we are no experts in case law but what we share is varied experience from our legal professionals. You want yo be a 'wind up merchant' and insult people on here go elsewhere. I am no moderator of this forum but I will confront you all the time when you attempt to antagonise people here! Forum please keep up the valuable discussion & exchange of info and experience. Do not be deterred by one or two counter-productive elements that think they know it all!
Well said! Roses are so beautiful and cherished and the fact that they smell good is what attracts people to it. But no matter how much you try to pluck this rose, you will definitely get scorned and be bruised by the thorns that come with it. This is always a reminder that to get something beautiful you have to ignore and accept the discomforts. This thread has been very valuable hence why people even sign up to testify of that. The forum is the rose this dude east whatever, is that thorn. So it's best to just let him be in order to let the rose (thread) continue to florish and I am sure the reasonable people will still pick and chose and be appreciative of whatever information that is offered to them. Ignorance is bliss and I will enjoy it from and with this dude henceforth.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:16 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
TurboA wrote:@ Verbs congrats! Just can't wait for you to have your package in your hands come Monday .

Morning TurboA,

I believe whole heartedly that your case is heading towards a positive outcome. They say patience is a virtue and you have to exercise that with solicitors. I know you paid them for services but believe me when I say they can be very annoying. They act like your best friend till you swipe your card on their machines then a monster is unleashed.

I believe most times when they do that, they don't just send the documents requested on its own, they back it up with case files and cover letters in order to perhaps show why you should be granted and this draft cannot be rushed but trust me, they have a habit of sending these things a day before or on the day/date of deadline so please don't panic. They are working for you and not against you. I can guarantee you that if you call them on the last day/deadline, the will give you a positive outcome. Don't fret over the solicitor, they will come through just keep your prayers on the caseworker. I pray a favourable decision is heading your way. Happy Sunday!!!

Morning guys!! @TurboA I agree that you are definitely heading for a positive outcome, but from my personal experience with my solicitor I suggest you keep on to him and make sure he sends everything off on time. Dont worry about him being annoyed or defensive, you paid him, so you expect to get quality service.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:18 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:i too agree with East579 with the appeal, however, i have a problem in the sense that he/she loosely unleashes snidey remarks to discredit this Forum. May I remind him/her that we all are aware that this is no alternative to legal professional advice but a good platform to seek on such. East579 albeit being a dormant member you can not deny you have richly benefited from the valuable exhange of information and experience on here! Sometimes a thank you goes a long way. Yes we are no experts in case law but what we share is varied experience from our legal professionals. You want yo be a 'wind up merchant' and insult people on here go elsewhere. I am no moderator of this forum but I will confront you all the time when you attempt to antagonise people here! Forum please keep up the valuable discussion & exchange of info and experience. Do not be deterred by one or two counter-productive elements that think they know it all!
Well said! Roses are so beautiful and cherished and the fact that they smell good is what attracts people to it. But no matter how much you try to pluck this rose, you will definitely get scorned and be bruised by the thorns that come with it. This is always a reminder that to get something beautiful you have to ignore and accept the discomforts. This thread has been very valuable hence why people even sign up to testify of that. The forum is the rose this dude east whatever, is that thorn. So it's best to just let him be in order to let the rose (thread) continue to florish and I am sure the reasonable people will still pick and chose and be appreciative of whatever information that is offered to them. Ignorance is bliss and I will enjoy it from and with this dude henceforth.

+1

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

+1
Me 2 oh.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

elastep

Post by elastep » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello everyone.
verbina your time have finaly arrived! You shouldn't keep us waiting to hear your good news tomorrow :wink:
Share as soon as you learn of it and stay blessed.

Just to let you guys know that I have received my oral reconsideration hearing date :D
Its for the first week of february . Please guys remember me in all your prayers :)

Thank you.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Morning TurboA,

I believe most times when they do that, they don't just send the documents requested on its own, they back it up with case files and cover letters in order to perhaps show why you should be granted and this draft cannot be rushed but trust me, they have a habit of sending these things a day before or on the day/date of deadline so please don't panic. They are working for you and not against you. I can guarantee you that if you call them on the last day/deadline, the will give you a positive outcome. Don't fret over the solicitor, they will come through just keep your prayers on the caseworker. I pray a favourable decision is heading your way. Happy Sunday!!![/quote]

@ Dapsoniee lol very true at " They act like your best friend till you swipe your card on their machines then a monster is unleashed". Trust me I have tried to exercise my patience from the moment I paid him to deal with my case and I guess I should maybe continue to so. I just really don't want to regret it by leaving my fate to a person who has shown incompetence and lax from the word go. It is also very true about last minute because having not had from him yesterday I gave him a call today and of course he wasn't pleased, he is planning to send it tomorrow.

@ verbs thanks and I surely will be at his office tomorrow to ensure it is sent and also get the tracking number. I called him today and he hasn't sent yet. Anxiously waiting for you to receive your package tomorrow. You deserve all the good things coming your way.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Wow! Good to see some positive news at the start of the year, long may it continue.

@elastsep... things are moving fast. I wish you all the best, will keep you in prayer hon.

Verbena! !!!! Yes! This is the last stage, will be here tomorrow to check out the good news. I screamed when I saw your post. So happy for you. :D
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:31 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

+1
I have to say im a little confused here i tried to give the OP my opinion which they have taken on board and have come under a barage of abuse when have i ever been negative? why am i a thorn? im not a doormant member of the forum is this because i dont have a 900 posts to my name? 899 which a prayers amens and requotes any yes i take infomation and where i can help i give advice i know to be true and my opinion.

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:42 pm

es2013 wrote:Happy new year lovely people on this forum.thanks for all the advice this is the best forum ever.

My query is am looking to make an application for flr(o) but cant afford the fees they charge. i have some bills but they dont make 2 years, i dont think. do you think i stand a chance without a solicitor?

my story is i came here 2008 on a 2 yr working holiday visa and overstayed after that, then met my british partner, we have a 6 month old son but we only started living together when i became pregnant.
some one help me with an introductory draft letter and any more advice please thanks x
Hi es2013 from my own personal experiance i can honestly say dont even bother putting in an application until you have been co habitating with your partner for 2 years or over you will save yourself alot of diapointment and money. (just my opinion of course)

Also as i said to someone earlier cab are now starting to employ alot of level 2 immigration advicers, there was alot made unemployed when legal aid finished and some of the clacs closed down they are able to do case work i belive.(just my opinion)

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:34 am

es2013 wrote:Happy new year lovely people on this forum.thanks for all the advice this is the best forum ever.

Good morning all,

@es2013, try and get in touch with bubu1304 she posted a piece on page420 of this thread your stories are quite similar only difference is they arrived in 2009 so she is best placed to advice you or give you hints on what sort of supporting evidence she enclosed and over what length of time. The two year co habiting seems comprehensive and just provides that extra assurance. All the best to you.

Turbo A, it's surely a matter of time you are heading for the finish line. Elastep now there is something to put a spring in your step ( pardon the pun) good luck with the hearing!

Good luck to all still waiting. It may be painful but even the wait comes to an end.

Congrats in advance to our dear friend Verbzy, we expect nothing but an Oscar acceptance type of speech later this morning, that was one hell of a fight!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 am

I just received my BRP...... *@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:53 am

verbina wrote:I just received my BRP...... *@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations. When did it come? Oh my God so :D happy for u

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:53 am

Congratulations. When did it come? Oh my God so :D happy for u. How do u feel. Can you explain the feeling
Last edited by kiss300 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:54 am

kiss300 wrote:
Just now!! Im just shocked completely!! Thank you!

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:56 am

verbina wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
Just now!! Im just shocked completely!! Thank you!
So how many years did they give u

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:59 am

urrrm it says it expires 07/2016 , so its 2.5 years with right to work! yay!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:00 am

Congratulations Verbzy! This has been an historic journey with a fairytale ending. I am very happy it ended well. You definitely got a slice of the sugary icing from the sugar mummy herself. Yaaay!!! Lol!!