ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying TAX In Payment Plan With HMRC...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JAH

Paying TAX In Payment Plan With HMRC...

Post by JAH » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi,

I revised my account for 2010-11 in 2013...These accounts relates to my previous T1 Application.. now I am paying my TAX in monthly payment plan with HMRC(12months plan duration)....will it cause any problem when I will apply for ILR in Aug 2014.... or do I need to pay in full before apply for ILR ..and obviously it would be very difficult for me to pay in full.
Will it create any problem or is it OK????
Senior member please advise and comment....

thanx
Jah

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Re: Paying TAX In Payment Plan With HMRC...

Post by sheraz_aries » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:40 pm

were you on self employed?

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:23 am

Hi ,

Could you please advice about your situation ? Why did you amend your tax return ?

Is it related to expenses ? Did you adjusted your expenses after visa and now you amended not to caught up at the time of ILR?

How many years before are you allow to amend tax return ?

Pls reply as I am planning to amend my 2009 return .

JAH

Post by JAH » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:53 pm

I was self employed....... there was £ 4000 that's I revised the accounts... I am also VAT Registered as news agent shop.

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:16 pm

H.O have nothing to do how you pay your tax to HMRC. They just want you to declare the same accounts to HMRC what you showed them. As long as HMRC is happy to make instalments there is not an issue but if you don't pay according to the plan and they send you notice for debt collections and you have to go to court. Then this can cause a problem.

I am not sure but i think you can amend your last 2 tax returns online and as log as you settle your all discrepancies before applying your visa. There will not be a problem. Remember you may have to pay penalty after amending your accounts with HMRC.

JAH

Post by JAH » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:35 pm

@oocha

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply..

JAH