ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advise on whether to apply all family members together

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varre_v

Need Advise on whether to apply all family members together

Post by varre_v » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Hello Gurus,

We are family of four - me, my wife and two children aged 3 years and 5 years. We all have obtained our ILR together on the same day last year, 14th of January, 2013.

Next week on 14th, it will be 1 year since our ILR. Myself and the kids have met all the requirements of citizenship. My wife wasn't physically present in UK 5 years before. She went to India that time for delivery of my first child and returned back to UK in May 2009. So, she is not eligible until May, 2014.

Therefore, me and kids plan to apply next week. The advise I need is that is it fine for me and kids to apply now or shall we wait until my wife becomes eligible, i.e. May ,2014 and apply all together at the same time? As future is uncertain (i.e home office can change rules, can increase the fees) I do not want to delay my application. But also thinking if there will be any problems for my wife when she applies separately later?

Please provide your expert advise and share pros and cons of me applying now or wait until wife becomes eligible. Appreciate any replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need Advise on whether to apply all family members toget

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:50 pm

fees go up in april. there will beno effect if your wife applies seperately. once you ar approved and have attended the ceremony she can apply as spouse of BC where the residential requirement is 3 years.

FAQs link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.