ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ban on family member who has overstayed?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Premo

Ban on family member who has overstayed?

Post by Premo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:12 am

Hi all,

I have question. My wife’s sister is in London hospital and has stage 4 cancer. She would like to see her brother (26 yrs.)from St. Lucia before anything happens.

I (EEA citizen) and my wife would like to pay a ticket for him to come over for a short time. The dad lives here is and is a UK citizen.

Only problem is that the brother came to London in 2005 and was deported as he overstayed for 11 months. UKBA paid for his flight back. Has wasn’t allowed to make a phone call at the time so we weren’t even aware he was being deported.

I read there is a 10 yr. ban on people who got deported. Is there any way UKBA will let the brother come over to the UK in order to see his dying sister?

Premo

Re: Ban on family member who has overstayed?

Post by Premo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 am

Just to add:

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right category.

Would my brother in law be granted access for this reason as an exception? Even if it's only for a few days?

Can I or his dad vouch form him in some kind of way?

Thanks,

Premo