ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US H1-B NonImmigrant Visa Interview Questions - London Embsy

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kal

US H1-B NonImmigrant Visa Interview Questions - London Embsy

Post by kal » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:56 pm

HI All,

I would like to request each and every one to help me finiding Interview Questions for US H1B Category Interview Questions. I am planning toattend interview in US London Embassy next month. Please give me some tips and expected interview questions there.

That would be of great help.

Thanks

Kal

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:28 pm

hi.. i m in the interiview next .week as well. for H1b
THANKS

kal

Post by kal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:28 pm

All the best for ur interview at US London Embassy man.
Pls do share ur experience with us.

thanks

Kal
Last edited by kal on Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

niranjany
Newly Registered

Need help for H1 immigration interview at london

Post by niranjany » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:24 am

Hi all,

I need urgent help for H1 immigration interview at london. I got approval but i didnt receive papers from my employer. Also i would like to inform that i haven't got 2 yrs exp. will it be the problem for me? please help me

I am a master's student from UK. please help me in booking interview slot at london office.

kal

Post by kal » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:13 am

Hi Niranjan,

I think U cannot attend an interview without the documents in the first instance.
Well experience will give very positive impact on the interviewer for H1 to get stamped, however it will depend on the position which is offered to U by ur employer. Y because if U don't have any gap between ur studies and the current offer, U can tell ur employer, that to produce papers as if he is will to take u as a fresher. as UR a Engineer and Masters qualified, it will be fine. In case if U have any gap between ur studies try to show some experience, or U can show experience as if U were doing some partime IT job along with ur current studies.

So when R U scheduled for ur Interview.
All the best

Kal

niranjany
Newly Registered

Post by niranjany » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:47 pm

Thats good idea,

First of all tell me should we produce min 2yrs of exp? is it necessary?

I showed 10months exp when applying!! is this alright? also should we submit any bank stmt at the time of interview?

what abt ur case? when are u going to interview?

please let me know soon

bye for now!!!!!

kal wrote:Hi Niranjan,

I think U cannot attend an interview without the documents in the first instance.
Well experience will give very positive impact on the interviewer for H1 to get stamped, however it will depend on the position which is offered to U by ur employer. Y because if U don't have any gap between ur studies and the current offer, U can tell ur employer, that to produce papers as if he is will to take u as a fresher. as UR a Engineer and Masters qualified, it will be fine. In case if U have any gap between ur studies try to show some experience, or U can show experience as if U were doing some partime IT job along with ur current studies.

All the best

Kal

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:54 am

For those going for the interview, can you let me know if there is a place in the US Embassy to store cellphone? The website in US Embassy in London state that no cellphone can be brought, but I had applied for visa in US Embassy in Singapore and I can leave my cellphone at their security checkpoint.

I jsut need my phone for emergency purpose and don't mind leaving it with the security checkpoint.

kal

Post by kal » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Hi Niranjan.

See, it is not compulsory to produce the experience letters, just to make ur case more stronger and to gain an advantage. I guess 2yrs experience is more than enough.

well U said that U have showed 10months experience, then go with that, by this time it should be more than 1 yr. so that will be fine. and no bank statements are required I guess.

I am still waiting for my papers, so may be soon I will get them.

niranjany wrote:Thats good idea,

First of all tell me should we produce min 2yrs of exp? is it necessary?

I showed 10months exp when applying!! is this alright? also should we submit any bank stmt at the time of interview?

what abt ur case? when are u going to interview?

please let me know soon

bye for now!!!!!

kal wrote:Hi Niranjan,

All the best

Kal

kal

Post by kal » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:54 pm

HI boys,

Recently my friend attended an interview in London Embassy, and he was told to go to india and attend interview there and the reason they said is they cannot evaluate his BTech Degree, so he needs to go back to India and attend interview there.

I am wondering why this happened to him, as he is an engineer from India and has completed his masters in UK. so atleast they could have looked at his MSc from UK university and could have given him the visa.

does anyone have any other experiences , please share with us
Thanks

Kal

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:27 pm

Kal,

First, can you ask your friend or if you have setup the interview, if the appointment time takes more than 2 weeks after you call? Meaning, if I call to make an appointment TODAY, will I be able to go within 1 week or have to wait for 4 weeks, due to backlog?

Secondly, is this the first time your friend applying for H-1B? I have applied H-1B in country which is not my citizen country and never have problem. but then again, I was a permanent residence there, just like I am an HSMP here and it was the 3rd time I am applying for H-1B visa. I know from the fact that nowadays 1st timer visa application, be it b1/B2 or H-1B takes a long time and generally they embassy doesn't want to issue the visa if they're not a citizen or a permanent residence in the country which they're applying from.

kal

Post by kal » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi lanwarrior

Well My friend had taken the appointment around 5 weeks before he attended the interview. He is on student visa (recently finished his Masters) and I know few more people who are with the same circumstances however they got the visa stamped without any problem.

did any one attended and wanna share their experieces

Thanks

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:23 pm

Hi Kal,

Thanks for the info. Did your friend WANTED to have the interview 5 weeks from the day he call or the operator gave him the date 5 weeks later because of the BACKLOG in the appointment time? I.e. too many people making the interview.

niranjany
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by niranjany » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:07 am

Hi all

what docs we should submit at the interview in london.

Do we need to provide bank stmts for 3 months?????????

niranjany
Newly Registered

HI

Post by niranjany » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:12 am

Please give us the list of documents to be submitted before the interview

thanks

kal

Post by kal » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am

Hi Boys,

Recently one of my friend went to interview at US London Embassy, and she got her H1-B visa stamped.

The list of documents she took:

1. H1 Approval
2. I156
3. Contract Letter from the employer, role and duties
4. H1 Petition copy
5. All Certificates
6. Experience Letters
7. Pay slips + Bank Statements
8. Description of the courses she done and how they are related to present job in US

Hope this helps

Cheers !!!!!!

kal

Post by kal » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:47 am

Hi friends,

does any one know, how long will it take to get the passport back if somebody got the visa and submitted his/her passport to US authorities ??

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:19 am

hi
Im also attending the interview within three weeks time, this site has been very helpful just couple of doubts.im attending in the US embassy London

1. Is bank statement and payslips necc
2. Is there any technical intw

thx

niranjany
Newly Registered

Post by niranjany » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi guys,

Can I go for Schengen visa (eurpoe tourist visa) interview before my H1B interview at london embassy.

Please advise me.

Thanks

kal

Post by kal » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi dolphin_m70

well there will not be any technical interview I guess,
so when are U scheduled for the interview????

do U know any of your frineds attended the interview recently??

keep us posted

bye

kal

Post by kal » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:53 pm

HI Niranjan,

yaa U can go to Europe no problem,
how long is ur UK Visa valid for??

atleast U need to have 4-6 months UK Visa to apply for schengen

cheers!!!!

niranjany
Newly Registered

Post by niranjany » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi Kal,

It is a simple interview and of my friends got the visa for 2 months.

Well I have 3 months UK visa valid till 31st Nov.

Will it be a problem for H1B interview? but I can extend my visa to one more year under IGS ( 1 yr work permit for graduates) scheme.

Please advise me.

kal

Post by kal » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:02 pm

hi all
Last edited by kal on Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

kal

Post by kal » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:07 pm

Hi Niranjan

well 3 months can be fine, but need to check the requirements with the schengen visa. U can even apply through post, but attending interview will be easy. don't forget to take the documentation

1. ticket
2. accommodation
3. Travel insurance
4. bank statement
5.if student letter from university
6. if working- letter from ur employer

if U have these its easy to get schengen
niranjany wrote:Hi Kal,

It is a simple interview and of my friends got the visa for 2 months.

Well I have 3 months UK visa valid till 31st Nov.

Will it be a problem for H1B interview? but I can extend my visa to one more year under IGS ( 1 yr work permit for graduates) scheme.

Please advise me.

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:50 am

hi
thx for the reply kal

one of my friend last november
he told me there was no technical intw as such
it took just 2 mins for the officer to sort his thgs out and he got his visa stamped the same day

is it necc to have payslips and bank sts as well.

thx

UK2US
Newly Registered

H1B interview from London

Post by UK2US » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi Guys,

I got approval recently, i am also planing for H1b interview from london, i have been living in UK from oct2006, before that also i had been to UK for 3 times, but this time i have been living from oct2006, i am working as Software consultant on UK pay rolls,. i got 5+ years exp. and this is my 3rd workpermit. so i think i am eligible to attend interview from london.

so i would like to few things from you guys.

1. i heard that people who has B.tech degrees from JNTU univ are being asked to go back india and attend interview from there.. is this true.

i did my B.Tech im mechanical from Andhra university and i got 5+ years exp.. so any idead about andhra univ degrees.

2. i would like to know the sucess rate from london consulate

3. attending interview from london is better or india ??

4. also i am requesting u guys please post your or your friends exp with london consulate