ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syed_h
Newly Registered

Help required

Post by syed_h » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:27 am

Hi everyone !

I have appointment next week and I have a confusion for applying children along with me for naturalisation. I am going to apply for naturalisation next week based on 5 years tier 1 and 1 year ILR. My family also got ILR in January 2013 but will be completing their five years in July 2014.

Can my children and wife also apply with me for naturalisation ?

Please help !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help required

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:22 am

On what date did your wife arrive in the UK??

Children can apply with you but your wife will need to meet the 5 year requirement if applying with you. Or you can ask for her application to be considered after yours, but not many people have had success with this.

She can apply for BC immediately after you are approved and have attended the ceremony and her application will be as spouse of BC and the residential requirements will then be 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

syed_h
Newly Registered

Post by syed_h » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:58 pm

She arrived in Mid July 2009 and she will be completing her 5 years in July 2014.

So can I apply for my children (under 16) with me even though they will be completing their 5 years in July 2014?

Thanks.

syed_h
Newly Registered

Post by syed_h » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Can someone please help me should I need to fill in the section 3.1 below as I am still not become British Citizen and I am applying my children with me:

[3.1 Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based.
Mother or Father

Regards

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 am

syed_h wrote:Can someone please help me should I need to fill in the section 3.1 below as I am still not become British Citizen and I am applying my children with me:

[3.1 Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based.
Mother or Father

Regards
See page 9 and 20 of the Guide. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf

Accordingly, you should leave question 3.1 blank as neither you nor your children's mother is a British citizen by descent.