ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is this evidence ok for past earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kargha
Newly Registered

is this evidence ok for past earnings

Post by kargha » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:34 pm

hi
first I would like to thank you all.
I'll send my documents next week and I would appreciate any ideas about my documents about past earnings;
  • wage slips for 7 months from company A
    letter from company A indicating earnings
    bank statement for 7 months

wage slips for 5 months from company B
    letter from company B
I dont have a bank statement that I can use as an evidence for my earnings from company B ,because I am paid more than the value in the wage slips. So showing a bank statement which is not indicating the values in the wage slips can be confusing.

this way my banks statement will be insufficient, maybe I should not sent any bank statement. all or nothing ?

what do you suggest?
best regards
kargha
Last edited by kargha on Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: is this evidence ok for past earnings

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:50 pm

How could be ok if you did not submit your tax documents ?
It is clearly mention on the application form. If you donot have good reason they might think you deliberately avoid this.

Pantaiema
kargha wrote:hi
first I would like to thank you all.
I'll send my documents next week and I would appreciate any ideas about my documents about past earnings;
  • wage slips for 7 months from company A

letter from company B
I dont have a bank statement that I can use as an evidence for my earnings from company ,because I am paid more than the value in the wage slips. So showing a bank statement which is not indicating the values in the wage slips can be confusing.

this way my banks statement will be insufficient, maybe I should not sent any bank statement. all or nothing ?

what do you suggest?
best regards
kargha

kargha
Newly Registered

Post by kargha » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:01 pm

I am from Turkey but I dont know much about these tax issues in Turkey,
I called tax office ,and they told me I am nothing to do with tax return because of the automatic income tax deductions from my payrolls

I wrote to exceptional consideration box these :

I had automatic income tax deductions from my payrolls ,so I am not able to submit a tax return..

Why you did not submit your tax documents ?

Pantaiema
[/quote]

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:24 pm

If you are employeeas every tax is automatically dedcuted from your salary. SO the reason you are mentioning mean nothing

Also, exceptional circumstance is required if your tax return do not cover the period claim (which most people will). It does not release U from this mandatory evidence, If you are employees,

I think you know why they ask U the tax return. This is the most credible evidence of your income.

Pantaiema

kargha wrote:I am from Turkey but I dont know much about these tax issues in Turkey,
I called tax office ,and they told me I am nothing to do with tax return because of the automatic income tax deductions from my payrolls

I wrote to exceptional consideration box these :

I had automatic income tax deductions from my payrolls ,so I am not able to submit a tax return..

Why you did not submit your tax documents ?

Pantaiema
[/quote]

kargha
Newly Registered

Post by kargha » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:40 pm

I took payroll documents (minute account) which gives my sum of revenues,sum of salary cuts in detail(such as, income tax,stamp tax,unemployment premium .etc.) and net salary. I hope this would be enough.

jimmy50
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy50 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:41 pm

I personally don't understand why they ask for the tax document, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
The problem is that the tax document is for a certain period of time, and unless the period you are claiming for coincides exactly with the tax year (very unlikely), you will need to submit bank statements or a letter from the employer anyway.

In addition, the tax document doesn't specify what months you earned the income, it just gives a figure for the entire tax year. For example, say I earned £50,000 in the tax year to April 5, but earnt £40,000 of that in the last 3 months of that year and only 10,000 in the first 9 months. How could I prove that? The tax document does not give a breakdown of when you earned your money. Therefore I can't understand why it's used to prove income.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:59 pm

jimmy50 wrote:I personally don't understand why they ask for the tax document, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
The problem is that the tax document is for a certain period of time, and unless the period you are claiming for coincides exactly with the tax year (very unlikely), you will need to submit bank statements or a letter from the employer anyway.

In addition, the tax document doesn't specify what months you earned the income, it just gives a figure for the entire tax year. For example, say I earned £50,000 in the tax year to April 5, but earnt £40,000 of that in the last 3 months of that year and only 10,000 in the first 9 months. How could I prove that? The tax document does not give a breakdown of when you earned your money. Therefore I can't understand why it's used to prove income.
Because there are rules and regulations associated with the taxing of income from salary which make responsible the employer for tax deduction. As such, they can be confident that a tax document will accurately reflect your yearly income. Granted the tax document is for a specific period and many not coincide exactly to the 12 month period you are claiming. So yes you should supplement it with payslips but at least there is point of analysis where they can deduce the strength of your application. Normally salaries are periodically paid on a monthly basis. An annual salary on an offer letter means if you divide by 12 months, that would be your montly income which is why they like corroborating letters from the employer. The scenario you put forth would probably occur if you were earning on commission and again you would probably could provide a payslip and bank statement for such an occurence.

From this forum, you hear people stating if I borrow money from my parents or if I get a loan, etc, so the source of income can be fabricated to look like it comes from employer when it is not. Thus their reliance of tax document. You wouldn't pay income tax on a loan would you?

kargha
Newly Registered

Post by kargha » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:03 pm

thanks all.
but what about the question ?
all or nothing ?
First I would like to thank you all.

wage slips for 7 months from company A

letter from company B

I dont have a bank statement that I can use as an evidence for my earnings from company B ,because I am paid more than the value in the wage slips. So showing a bank statement which is not indicating the values in the wage slips can be confusing.

what do you suggest?
best regards
kargha

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:08 pm

kargha wrote:thanks all.
but what about the question ?
all or nothing ?
First I would like to thank you all.

wage slips for 7 months from company A

letter from company B

what do you suggest?
best regards
kargha
As long as the payslips are for a consequetive 12 month period, they you are fine.
employer b should write a letter about paying more than the gross wages received so you can submit the bank statements, it will look weird to ho that you submit for one and not the other especially if company b is the most recent payslips

kargha
Newly Registered

Post by kargha » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:13 pm

company B was avoiding tax, so there is no way to get such a letter from them. so you suggest, the best way is not sending any bank statement at all.

what if I say "the bankstatement indicating salary from compant B does not include the name of the firm, thats why I did not send it"?
I am unhappy with not sending the bank statements from company A

thank you very much.
good luck all
employer b should write a letter about paying more than the gross wages received

jimmy50
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy50 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:50 am

SYH wrote:
Because there are rules and regulations associated with the taxing of income from salary which make responsible the employer for tax deduction. As such, they can be confident that a tax document will accurately reflect your yearly income. Granted the tax document is for a specific period and many not coincide exactly to the 12 month period you are claiming. So yes you should supplement it with payslips but at least there is point of analysis where they can deduce the strength of your application. Normally salaries are periodically paid on a monthly basis. An annual salary on an offer letter means if you divide by 12 months, that would be your montly income which is why they like corroborating letters from the employer. The scenario you put forth would probably occur if you were earning on commission and again you would probably could provide a payslip and bank statement for such an occurence.

From this forum, you hear people stating if I borrow money from my parents or if I get a loan, etc, so the source of income can be fabricated to look like it comes from employer when it is not. Thus their reliance of tax document. You wouldn't pay income tax on a loan would you?
Interesting, I hadn't thought of it like that. However if you borrow money from your parents etc, you'd still have to forge the pay slips wouldn't you? My worry is that my pay slips won't match my tax document at all because I've worked two different jobs in the period and there is no correlation between the two documents.

Thanks SYH.

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:13 am

Merhaba Karga,

It is such a complex situation but it is still easy to clear for you to home office.
You have page slips which states every deduction such as taxes and ext. for the Company A. I guess the company B is in free zone which has no tax deduction like Tubitak in Gebze. You have to state this information at your letter. There are instruction which informs what to do at tax clear countries such as Arabia..Don't forget to state at least 2 evidences for your income.I would be glad if you inform me through your hsmp journey :) Coz i will start to arrange documents like end of the year.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:03 pm

The following could come to the caseworker mind. In some countries wage slips is very easy to forge. I think the main point here is to make them convince.

Let me give you an example people who want to plan for 1 year could do the following, you (relatives, parent, friends) set up a company even the company it selves is that he is a employees at the same time they are director

From there you start employing your friend, yourselves (or whatever) and transfer salary to their bank account regularly, print a pay slip (you could get it print in in ne day from the street is not it). Give them pay slip every month. After one year, they willl be able to quaLIFY for HSMP. Asssuming they have degree, qualify for age category.

I am not tying to accuse anybody but just to show what might come to the caseworkers mind. If a lot of pople know about this trick the caseworker must know about it.

This is especially true in case income is earned in developing countries. The inccme braket required by HSMP have been carefully considered. And this income is highly likely will be earned by peole working in multi national companies or in prestigious position in a well known companies.

Put ourselves in caseworker shoes. If someone earns say XXXXX and qualify ifor income criteria and from british embassy they know they never heard about this companies, no website, etc, this is certainly raise eyebrow ? You might be true but you need to work extra hard to convince them. Certainly, this make people in this situation in a disvantage position. But on the other side very strong evidence will be needed to convince that this case is true. Just a matter of though

Other example you just use your parent, friends or relatives company name to pay you salary and after HSMP you return all the money back. Does is make sense ??

Pantaiema

jimmy50 wrote: Interesting, I hadn't thought of it like that. However if you borrow money from your parents etc, you'd still have to forge the pay slips wouldn't you? My worry is that my pay slips won't match my tax document at all because I've worked two different jobs in the period and there is no correlation between the two documents.

Thanks SYH.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:26 pm

jimmy50 wrote:
Interesting, I hadn't thought of it like that. However if you borrow money from your parents etc, you'd still have to forge the pay slips wouldn't you? My worry is that my pay slips won't match my tax document at all because I've worked two different jobs in the period and there is no correlation between the two documents.

Thanks SYH.
The point is that it can be done. If there is a will there is a way and they want the most credible and dependable evidence as possible

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:34 pm

I think also because there are incentives of doing this and no deterrant factors. If they found fraudulant documents, he will not be reported to the police for criminal offense or be put in jail (at least so far I have not heard about this). The worst case is that his application is rejected, he has nothing to loose.

In the meanwhile, if he is lucky his application is not picked for verification. and he is through.

Pantaiema

SYH wrote:
jimmy50 wrote:

Thanks SYH.
The point is that it can be done. If there is a will there is a way and they want the most credible and dependable evidence as possible