ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA APPLICATION INFORMATION NEEDED PLEASE!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mystic82
Newly Registered

EEA APPLICATION INFORMATION NEEDED PLEASE!

Post by mystic82 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:17 pm

hello everyone, im sort of new to this forum and im not sure if im posting my enquiry in the right place.
I was wondering if anyone could assisst me. i came to the uk on a 6month visiting visa in 2007 and overstayed. ive not left the uk since then and i now have a baby boy who is a british citizen( his mother is british) my baby lives with me and he is 1yr 5months now. i made an application in 2013 through a solicitor ( ridicusly expensive :x ) in sept 2013 and i got my COA with the right to seek employment. ive started work now but its been 4months now since i made my application and i still havent heard anything from the HO. i sent my passport, my babys british passport, his birth certificate which has my name on it and proof of address to the home office. i really dont know if there were other docs i should have sent but those were the docs the solicitor requested i provide. im the one taking care of my son. please is there anyone in a similar situation or has been in a similar situation that can shed a little light on the situation for me. i have searched this forum but i cant seem to find anyone with a similar case
please i would really appriciate any information.

cheers
mystic

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

Re: EEA APPLICATION INFORMATION NEEDED PLEASE!

Post by gagsgahra » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:55 pm

On what basis u applied eea application...is ur wife holding dual nationality.. Do u stay with her...

mystic82
Newly Registered

Re: EEA APPLICATION INFORMATION NEEDED PLEASE!

Post by mystic82 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:17 am

I applied on the the basis of being the parent of a British citizen. Im not married to his mother but the lawyer didnt include her in the application at all. She has dual nationality, (British and Nigerian). she does live with me and is working full time but she cant physically take care of the baby on her own as she has arthritis and is hypertensive. we want to get married as soon as possible but we do not know if this will affect the application negatively or complicate it in anyway. i read somewhere on this forum it is better to apply as a single parent.

mystic