ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Format for Degree taught in English letter from University

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kewlsatya
Newly Registered

Format for Degree taught in English letter from University

Post by kewlsatya » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:32 am

Hi All,

Could someone please share an acceptable format for the letter from the University saying that degree was taught in English.?

I know this would be subject to each individual univ. but having a reference would be highly appreciated.

Regards
S

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Format for Degree taught in English letter from Universi

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:40 am

Have you checked to see whether the degree is awarded sufficient points on the PBS calculator?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kewlsatya
Newly Registered

Post by kewlsatya » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:45 am

Yes, it gets awarded 30 points for degree but 0 for English language requirement sadly :(

(I fail to understand that HO does not know that it is kind of impossible to teach a subject like Computer Science in India in a language other than English)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:07 am

Then either get a English Language Assessment as well as the Statement of Comparability. Or a letter/certificate from the institution confirming the medium of instruction for the degree was English in addition to the SoC.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kewlsatya
Newly Registered

Post by kewlsatya » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks Amber. I was thinking of doing the SoC and the ELA from NARIC.
Do you think just the letter from Univ. would be sufficient to get the ELA from NARIC. They of course recognize the degree on the PBS.

kewlsatya
Newly Registered

Post by kewlsatya » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Does anyone have a format that they can share ???

Thanks in advance!

srreddy

Post by srreddy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi
I am also in the same boat. Could you help how you checked for english language as 0 ?
I have done my Master's degree from University of Madras. I got 35 points for my degree but not sure where you check for English language. Could you shed some light please ?

Thanks

libra86
Newly Registered

Post by libra86 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Beware all overseas degree holders....if you do not get any points for English language on the Home Office points based system calculator, then UK NARIC will NOT issue you with an English Language Assessment that certifies that your degree meets the requirements of CEFR level C1. You will be better off giving your £55 to charity.

I had all the evidence UK NARIC had asked for which includes the following:

1. Letter from my university that stated that the medium for instructions in my university is English and that all my modules were taught in English;
2. My transcript that showed all the modules that I studied including English Language core modules;
3. My original degree certificate; and
4. A very well written cover letter

UK NARIC took one month and then sent me a letter stating that "although it is confirmed that my degree was taught in English, there is not enough evidence to show that it meets the requirements of CEFR level C1.

You will be much better off taking an approved English lanugage test rather than wasting your time, effort and money with UK NARIC. They are running a money making scam (a charade!). I'm posting this here for the benefit of all those who need to satisfy this English language requirement as I learnt the hard way. DON'T GO TO UK NARIC.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:02 pm

The English Langugae Assesment with the Statement of Comparability should suffice.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:02 pm

As long as it is simple to understand for a caseworker, I presume format doesnt matter bcoz there is no such thing I believe

etoklem

Post by etoklem » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Found this on the UK naric site as a template, hope this suffices. Actually, the letter I got from my university is identical to this template.

http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individua ... ion_in.pdf