ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in Country Of Birth on Life in the UK Test Pass Cert

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avy_baby
Newly Registered

Mistake in Country Of Birth on Life in the UK Test Pass Cert

Post by avy_baby » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:17 am

I have just noticed that my birth country was written as UK rather than Malaysia. Is there anything i can do to correct that or will it have any effect on my ILR application as I have an appointment at a PEO next week.

If someone can shed some light on this matter please. Thanks

Seneca

Re: Mistake in Country Of Birth on Life in the UK Test Pass

Post by Seneca » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:04 am

No it would not have effect on your ILR as long as provide documents to prove your country of birth. Just mention this is mistake from Life in UK administrators.

Of course you can go the centre where you took your Life in UK Test and ask them to correct the mistake.

avy_baby
Newly Registered

Post by avy_baby » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:30 am

Seneca wrote:No it would not have effect on your ILR as long as provide documents to prove your country of birth. Just mention this is mistake from Life in UK administrators.

Of course you can go the centre where you took your Life in UK Test and ask them to correct the mistake.
Thanks for response. Is this from personal exprience?

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 am

Not form personal experience, but from reading experiences of others. Goodluck.

abdul81
Newly Registered

Post by abdul81 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:28 pm

I have a similar problem. In my Life in UK result my country of birth is wrong. All other details including the birth place is correct.

As this post is quite new just wondered whether you went with the incorrect details and what happened to your application.

This will greatly help me in decide whether I should go with the wrong country of birth or rewrite the test.

avy_baby
Newly Registered

Post by avy_baby » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:14 am

Hi abdul81,

As explained above, I did what was told by the administrator at the test centre, I attached my birth certificate which states my country of birth along with a cover letter explaining the error.

I didnt have any problem at all. In fact the visa officer didnt even take a copy of my birth certificate so I think u should be ok.

Good luck.