ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Approval - sharing details of my application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wali
Newly Registered

Got Approval - sharing details of my application

Post by wali » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:51 pm

Hi All,
I have got my HSMP approval letter on March 29th,2003 by Air Mail. I want to share my experience here to benefit others.

Application Details:
Nationality: Pakistani
Application Posted: on 15th January, 2004 (through DHL )
Applicationr reached: Jan 19th, 2004
Payment Deducted: Jan 20th, 2004
Application handed over to HSMP officials: Jan 20th, 2003
Responses from HSMP team:
I sent an email to
customrel.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and pam.gleadall@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
asking for status of my application on Feb 17th as I had heard nothing from them for quite long time.
They responded by telling me reference number (1140*) and that the application processing will take 6-8 weeks now.
After 8 weeks had passed, I sent another mail asking for the status on Mar 15th, they said that a case worker has been assigned but a decision has to be made yet.
After 9 weeks passed, I sent them an email again asking for status, but they never replied.
I had requested them to tell me on email when they reach any decision so that I can arrange a courier to get the docs delivered, but to my surprise, I received the approval letter and all my original docs through Air Mail yesterday on 29th March. The letter was posted to me on March 16th and it took 13 days to reach me.

Application Details:
My application included the following:
1. Cover letter detailing the points claimed and clarifying any points that i thought they could question.
2. HSMP Application form Under 28

Evidences attached:
1. Translated copy of birth certificate and NIC
2. All original Educational documents (A friend of mine got email from HSMP saying that you can send attested copies of docs as well, but i did'nt take the risk of not sending originals)
3. Income Evences:
a.) Payslips of last 12 months
b.) Letter from employer detailing salary
c.) Bank Statement for last year
d.) Income Tax Returns submitted to government
e.) Foreign exchange rates for last year from www.oanda.com.
(It gives average rate throughout the year as well. You can use average or the latest rate whichever suits u)

4. Experience evidence:
I had calaimed points for 4 years of exp. with one year in senior role.( I dont know, if they agreed to what I had claimed or not).
I attached:
a.) experience certificate from employer detailing designations along with dates
b.) certificate showing responsibilities (that i have managed my team)

5. A certificate from my university stating the medium of instruction is English
6. Job search results from Internet.
7. My resume.

So, that was all and I got my approval. Now, I have to go for Entry Clearance, Please pray for me. I hope this information will help many others on this forum.

Thanks,
wali

zia

Post by zia » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:00 pm

Many Many congrats Wali.
I am also from pakistan and from lahore. i am on last stage of sending my application and i am in a confusion of sending my originals, did u receive ur docs safe ? and from where u belong to in pakistan ?
Did DHL give a service of picking docs from home office ?
i will be thankful if u reply me as soon as possible.
thanks

regards
Zia

wali
Newly Registered

Post by wali » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:08 pm

Thanks zia,
I'm from Lahore too. In my post, I had mentioned that a friend of mine got response from HSMP office abt original docs. They say that you can send attested photocopies as well (if you can't send the originals). So, you can send photocopies as well, but I sent my application with all originals.

My docs reached safe and sound to me through Air Mail; though I had requested them to let me know before sending these to me so that I can arrange a courier but they did'nt notify me and sent the docs through Air Mail. Luckily, I got them without any problem.

I talked to DHL ppl here, they say that they can pick documents from HSMP.

zia

Post by zia » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:12 pm

Thanks
Can u please give me ur contact details , i want to discuss and share somethin with u . i will be very thakful to u.

thanks

Zia

ho9

Post by ho9 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:06 pm

Zia,

DHL picks the docs from HO on your request (you have to fill one form of DHL for the same) and they pick the docs and deliver to you and charge this to you. My case they charges Rs. 1650.

Regards

kfaruki
Newly Registered

Congratulations Wali

Post by kfaruki » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:16 pm

I m planning to apply for HSMP in Over 28 category. My wife has a BA degree from UNiversity of Punjab. Do you know by any chance, does this BA stands equal to UL BA/Bsc.

ho9

Post by ho9 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:13 pm

For a BA from Punjab University you won't be getting any point. It doesn't stand equal to UK bechelor.