ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MissA
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by MissA » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:57 pm

verbina wrote:
kiss300 wrote:I am still waiting for my decision. Waiting is hard.

Application:4/12/13
Acknowledgement:6/12/13
Biometric letter:11/12/13 -- receive on the 17/12/13
Biometric done:18/12/13
Document: waiting
Brp: waiting

Hope I hear from them soon

You just hang in there love! I know it sucks, waiting like this.... But lately new applications are being considered much quicker, so hopefully it wont be very long until you get your decision!!
How did you sleep last night Verbz, any difference? So happy for you,x

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:44 pm

MissA wrote:@Soni1 I didn't see you on the forum yesterday and I kept thinking that maybe your partner has received the BRP and is letting it soak in before telling us. Please update me as soon as you get a reply, our applications mirror each other, and yea I know I always ask you but what are your feelings, how is your partner feeling? I really don't know what to think. My nerves are getting the better of me.
I saw UKBA has put up new service standards and turn around times from January on their website, but I think that explains why our applications have been moving so fast.

Best of luck and please keep me informed.
@MissA hi I just saw your post actually I was a bit busy yesterday for some personal reasons.I am very happy about your positive assumptions about my partners reply.We didn't get any reply yet we just posted documents to home office on 2nd jan.we are still waiting.my partner was very upset yesterday.he was thinking if they refused"......... But you know we don't have to make assumptions we have to pray and at the and God will do better for us. I will definetly tell you people about the outcome but don't worry everything will be ok for all of us.and good luck

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Hello everyone. Congratulations Verbina and everyone else who the new year has brought good news. Today l went to sign and the lady informed me from now on, I will b signing on twice a month :) . What puzzled me is what she told me and wrote on my IS96 that l will see an immigration officer officer in July. Anyone have any idea what this means??? Thanks guys.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:15 pm

MissA wrote:
verbina wrote:
kiss300 wrote:I am still waiting for my decision. Waiting is hard.

Application:4/12/13
Acknowledgement:6/12/13
Biometric letter:11/12/13 -- receive on the 17/12/13
Biometric done:18/12/13
Document: waiting
Brp: waiting

Hope I hear from them soon

You just hang in there love! I know it sucks, waiting like this.... But lately new applications are being considered much quicker, so hopefully it wont be very long until you get your decision!!
How did you sleep last night Verbz, any difference? So happy for you,x
Haha yep! Slept like a log babe!!! :P

@adetaq Thank you very much!! All the best for you!

@Ma Logo Thank you darling! I dont think an interview with immigration officer at reporting centre is anything to worry about. I definitely remember one person from this forum, he attended that interview then had been granted soon after! But July is so far away.... I dont quite get it :?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:04 pm

:D congrats verbina...u deserve it.enjoy ur freedom gal.

alina143

Post by alina143 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:36 pm

verbina wrote:I just received my BRP...... *@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulation verbina I have still been following this forum many congrats to all that have been granted and those still waiting will hopefully get a good outcome all the best to all

And once again verbina congratulations I'm so happy for u xx :D

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:42 pm

[quote="verbina"]I just received my BRP...... *@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Yippee!! The amoebas have gained a brain cell. Congrats Verbina. I am so happy for you. I wish you well in all your endeavours. Congrats once again my dear!!

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 pm

Congratulations Verbina, Thanks you for your contributions to the the forum, We kind have to find another 'unofficial moderator' to the thread, somebody who is always home, gentle and kind. You deserve this after such a long wait. Goodluck for the future,Go out and be all you can be, Blessings.

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:29 am

:D :D : :lol: Congratulations Verb, I celebrate with u, enjoy your freedom. You have encouraged people on this forum a lot.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:59 am

Hi guys!! This is what we're up against...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... CMP=twt_gu

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:21 pm

teebaby wrote::D congrats verbina...u deserve it.enjoy ur freedom gal.
@teebaby Awwwh thank you very much darl!!!

@alina Thank you very much hun!! Hope you and the family are well! xxx

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 pm

nilemarques wrote:
Yippee!! The amoebas have gained a brain cell. Congrats Verbina. I am so happy for you. I wish you well in all your endeavours. Congrats once again my dear!!
@Nilemarques Thank you very much hun! Well hopefully they gained enough brain cells to reconsider your decision soon! Praying you wont have to suffer much longer!!!

@Seneca Thank you very much for your kind words, its good of you to be keeping an eye on this forum from the other side!!! Hope all is going well for you and you are making the most of your freedom hun!! Stay blessed!

@Sarah Thank you very much for congratulating me babe! I shall continue to encourage people, as I owe so much to this forum!! xxx

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi guys!! This is what we're up against...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... CMP=twt_gu
Crikey! Thats downright evil! Its like how low can they go.....?!!!

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:18 pm

ikeron wrote:Hi everyone, has anyone got an experience about home office asking him/her to withdraw their JR for removal notice or reconsideration. The application is about article 8 with my britsh partner and our 2 children age 2 and 10. Thanks your advice will be much appreciate.

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:58 pm

ikeron wrote:
ikeron wrote:Hi everyone, has anyone got an experience about home office asking him/her to withdraw their JR for removal notice or reconsideration. The application is about article 8 with my britsh partner and our 2 children age 2 and 10. Thanks your advice will be much appreciate.

I am not an expert but I know of instances where UKBA ask that you withdraw jr for them to reconsider and they instead leave you hanging dry, with the promise of reconsideration. justice delayed is justice denied so seek legal advice. Would advise you take into consideration the strength of your case and also the timeframe of jr process. Think you need a lawyer on this. Best of luck.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:01 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="verbina"]I just received my BRP...... *@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Yippee!! The amoebas have gained a brain cell. Congrats Verbina. I am so happy for you. I wish you well in all your endeavours. Congrats once again my dear!![/quote]

@Nilemarques Thank you very much hun! Well hopefully they gained enough brain cells to reconsider your decision soon! Praying you wont have to suffer much longer!!!

@Seneca Thank you very much for your kind words, its good of you to be keeping an eye on this forum from the other side!!! Hope all is going well for you and you are making the most of your freedom hun!! Stay blessed!

@Sarah Thank you very much for congratulating me babe! I shall continue to encourage people, as I owe so much to this forum!! xxx[/quote]

Thanks Verbina. Hopefully you'll continue pass by and offer your invaluable contributions to the forum when you have the time. I know you're gonna be quite busy in the coming months getting your life in order. Just to update everyone, I have recently travelled to London to the Upper Tribunal to lodge my JR and I also went to the Treasury Solicitors to serve them the papers. So, it's a waiting game now. Does anybody who has lodged a JR know how long it takes for the HO solicitors to acknowledge receipt or is there a law/guideline that gives them a time limit to respond. If anybody has been in a similar situation, please let me know.

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:16 pm

nilemarques wrote: Thanks Verbina. Hopefully you'll continue pass by and offer your invaluable contributions to the forum when you have the time. I know you're gonna be quite busy in the coming months getting your life in order. Just to update everyone, I have recently travelled to London to the Upper Tribunal to lodge my JR and I also went to the Treasury Solicitors to serve them the papers. So, it's a waiting game now. Does anybody who has lodged a JR know how long it takes for the HO solicitors to acknowledge receipt or is there a law/guideline that gives them a time limit to respond. If anybody has been in a similar situation, please let me know.
@nilemarques
TSol have 21days to file their acknowledgement of service and after that you have to wait for Judge's decision which takes up to 4weeks or less to see if permission to proceed is granted or not. Please keep in mind that HO might aske you or the court for extention of time =21 days x2 to see if your case can be resolved and they are legally entitle to it.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:07 am

Hi Ikeron,
I believe this decision is mainly yours at this point. I personally would lean towards agreeing to withdraw the JR.
However, I will do this with some conditions to HO,
such as the time limit for their consideration
The reimbursing of your expenditure.
Just to clarify if the HO offers you reconsideration as a condition to withdrawing your JR it is binding on them. Just make sure you have all things documented.
The offer of Removal notice I understand is also favourable because, should the HO reconsider and give a negative response then a right of appeal is generated for you and then the tribunal will have to decide (Please check this with a lawyer although this is the explanation I got from a lawyer)
In a nut shell I believe the HO is beginning to realise the errors in their decision making. In your case I believe you have a lot of plus for your application.
If you refuse the offer the Judge may also refuse to allow your JR. Please like I said earlier it is totally your decision. If you have a lawyer speak with him/her to get more understanding otherwise seek for the knowledge.
You should also know that they like to keep people waiting. HO are Honourable time wasters,
Good luck

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:46 am

@nilemarques.
From the day you have submitted to the court, i.e Filed at the court, The Treasury solicitor have 28 days(You may want to check this) to respond whether they concede/ will context the JR. However, note that I have witnessed a situation of them not responding although not acceptable legally, but they were able to get away with it because there is a lot of pending JR case at the court. However, at the end of this official period they should contact you if not then you need to ask them officially again for the response. at this stage they may request extension of
time officially from the court. In my case they managed to get away with 5 X 21 days more times. (On the final occasion the case managed to be seen by a judge then they were told that there would be no further extension).
So there are rules there to be followed, but again HO do not respect their own policies, why would anyone be surprised about them not following court rules.
Anyway I hope this helps

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:24 am

[quote="elastep"][quote="nilemarques"]
Thanks Verbina. Hopefully you'll continue pass by and offer your invaluable contributions to the forum when you have the time. I know you're gonna be quite busy in the coming months getting your life in order. Just to update everyone, I have recently travelled to London to the Upper Tribunal to lodge my JR and I also went to the Treasury Solicitors to serve them the papers. So, it's a waiting game now. Does anybody who has lodged a JR know how long it takes for the HO solicitors to acknowledge receipt or is there a law/guideline that gives them a time limit to respond. If anybody has been in a similar situation, please let me know.[/quote]

@nilemarques
TSol have 21days to file their acknowledgement of service and after that you have to wait for Judge's decision which takes up to 4weeks or less to see if permission to proceed is granted or not. Please keep in mind that HO might aske you or the court for extention of time =21 days x2 to see if your case can be resolved and they are legally entitle to it.[/quote]

@Elastep and Al Haqq. Thank you for that detailed explanation. So in my case, I guess it's just a waiting game for 21+ days coz I went and hand delivered personally to the TSol and they issued me with a receipt, which I took back to UTT.

After reading your responses, I just did a little web search and came across this from the Freemovement blog which kinda explains what's happening and how the HO are being given more time due to the increase of claims. If they had made the right decisions the first time, they wouldn't put people in this situation methinks.
Last edited by nilemarques on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:19 am

Compliments of the new season and may God grant your heart desires in Jesus name.

@New bloggers....welcome to the forum and all the best with your applications.

@Verbina...*bighug*Congratulations girl for all the perseverance and patience has paid off.Like Nile mentioned,at least 1 of the amoebas gainraincell in the new year...lol.I'm truly happy that you're free from the amoeabs and that I thank Almighty God for granting you a stay....*dancesskelewu*....best news ever in the new year and plz Verbs don't disappear on us...*wink*

@Elaste&Mr Lou...you're in my prayers for God's law is abover every law and may He fight the battle for you in Jesus name!

Big Amen to those who continuously keep on us on our prayers and please pray for that individual who's loose tongue needs to be baptised with Holy Ghost fire .Amen...Amen...Amen!!!

@Big shout out to my guys and dolls and should admit missed the forum and may God grant us visas!!

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:24 am

verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:

@Sarah Thank you very much for congratulating me babe! I shall continue to encourage people, as I owe so much to this forum!! xxx
Welcome babe, do find time to share your word of wisdom to us, as we wait on the Lord for his divine grace and favour

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:26 am

Congratulations to those who have been granted a stay and enjoy every second of you're freedom!

My fairytale:The amoebas haven't replied to my PAP since it was sent last Nov and now the solicitors is going to be filing a JR.I've rolled this matter unto God's hands and for I believe will prevail coming out victorious in this year of 2014!Every is possible through Almighty God.I receive my stay in Jesus name and will never seize glorifying His Holy name...Amen!!

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:34 am

Keisha wrote:Compliments of the new season and may God grant your heart desires in Jesus name.

@New bloggers....welcome to the forum and all the best with your applications.

@Verbina...*bighug*Congratulations girl for all the perseverance and patience has paid off.Like Nile mentioned,at least 1 of the amoebas gainraincell in the new year...lol.I'm truly happy that you're free from the amoeabs and that I thank Almighty God for granting you a stay....*dancesskelewu*....best news ever in the new year and plz Verbs don't disappear on us...*wink*

@Elaste&Mr Lou...you're in my prayers for God's law is abover every law and may He fight the battle for you in Jesus name!

Big Amen to those who continuously keep on us on our prayers and please pray for that individual who's loose tongue needs to be baptised with Holy Ghost fire .Amen...Amen...Amen!!!

@Big shout out to my guys and dolls and should admit missed the forum and may God grant us visas!!
Keisha wrote:Congratulations to those who have been granted a stay and enjoy every second of you're freedom!

My fairytale:The amoebas haven't replied to my PAP since it was sent last Nov and now the solicitors is going to be filing a JR.I've rolled this matter unto God's hands and for I believe will prevail coming out victorious in this year of 2014!Every is possible through Almighty God.I receive my stay in Jesus name and will never seize glorifying His Holy name...Amen!!
Big Amen to us Kisha our prayer warrior. The Lord will release His enabling power upon us today, to be able to move us on our life expeditions . We will triumph where our enemies have stumbled.

Soni 1
Newly Registered

Post by Soni 1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Soni 1 wrote:Hi I am new to forum I just want to update my partners case timeline
Applied : 08/11/2013
Fee taken: 12/11/2013
Biometric request letter dated:14/11/2013
Biometric letter recieved:21/11/2013
Biometric done:23/11/2013
Document requested:30/12/2013
Can any one help me because they asked some more documents of residing together as partner from July 2011 to June 2012.i had already send some of them from december 2011 to June 2012.But for some reasons I don't have any letters before that point.So what type of documents I can send can I send family photos of that time and supporting letter from my family friend and landlord. Is that ok pls reply. the application is for partner on two year living together
Hi everyone I just got a letter from my solicitor that they refused my partners letterI.I don't know about the wording of refusal I will go to him tomorrow