ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REMINDER OF ANNUAL COS ALLOCATION

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

REMINDER OF ANNUAL COS ALLOCATION

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Dear Senior Members,
My employer has received an email as follows:
Your current allocation of Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies/Certificate(s) of Sponsorship (CAS/CoS) in Tier 2 (General) is due to expire on 05-April-2014. your Level 1 User can now make a request via the Sponsorship Management System (SMS) for your next year's allocation of CAS/CoS

Please advice me how many my employer need to request?
My employer situation is as follows:

Currently have 2 still to assign due to expire 05 April 2014.
2 existing employees are working on tier-2 Visa.
EXISTING EMPLOYEES= 1 employee need extension on Sep 2014 and the Second one on June 2015.
A new employee will apply Tier -2 general who will switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General on May 2014.

We are confused that whether we must need to request for 3 COS such as 2 for existing employees and 1 for the new employee .
or
We need to request for 2 COS such as 1 for extension of existing employee and one for the new employee(If we request for 2 COS then what happen to other existing employee who will need to extend on June 2015).
We will be very thankful to you if you help us in this regard.
Kind regards

gasl8
Newly Registered

Re: REMINDER OF ANNUAL COS ALLOCATION

Post by gasl8 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:03 pm

As far as i know you do not need to request a COS for extension. You will apply with the same COS that was assigned initially.

If you employer is planning to get new employees then we will need to request those.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:45 pm

gasl8 wrote:As far as i know you do not need to request a COS for extension. You will apply with the same COS that was assigned initially.
Wrong - you need a new CoS for the extension too. So you want 3 - you can ask for more later if plans change.

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Further confused after reply as Same cos(VALID maximum for 3 years) can not be used for extension and a new COS will be needed for further extension.
Please advice me how many my employer need to request as my employer going to do request tomorrow.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Just re-read your first post - you only need 2 now as 1 of the extensions is after April 2015. So ask for 2 now, then 1 next year - as I said you can ask for more if plans change so not a major issue.