ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gmuralik

EC approval

Post by gmuralik » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:20 pm

Hi Friends, I got approval from HSMP. i started filling up for visa stamping. Have couple of questions, Please clarify.

1 - In Section 1, Please let me know if i need to check "Returning Resident" or "Work Permit Holder" or do i need to say Other as HSMP?

I have specificed Other section as HSMP. Is this correct?

2 - Question 4.11 - The question reads as "What was the reference number" - I travelled to UK on c-Visa(Business) before What should i mention? Is this information available on Visa stamping?
3. Do i need to fill up Section 7 - Employment in UK? The vaf1 application form mentioned that "Complete this section if your applying as a Work Permit folder or to take permit free employment"? Please clarify because there is no specical section for applying through HSMP.
4 - Section 10 - What are the additioanl inforamtion that i can furnish in this section?

Thanks in advace

push
United Kingdom

Re: EC approval

Post by push » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:14 pm

gmuralik wrote:Hi Friends, I got approval from HSMP. i started filling up for visa stamping. Have couple of questions, Please clarify.

1 - In Section 1, Please let me know if i need to check "Returning Resident" or "Work Permit Holder" or do i need to say Other as HSMP?
fill in Other HSMP

I have specificed Other section as HSMP. Is this correct?
You r right

2 - Question 4.11 - The question reads as "What was the reference number" - I travelled to UK on c-Visa(Business) before What should i mention? Is this information available on Visa stamping?

Its the number available on the VISA samped on your passport; in any case the VFS people will make correction, if any

3. Do i need to fill up Section 7 - Employment in UK? The vaf1 application form mentioned that "Complete this section if your applying as a Work Permit folder or to take permit free employment"? Please clarify because there is no specical section for applying through HSMP.

Just mark NO... and leave the remaining section blank

4 - Section 10 - What are the additioanl inforamtion that i can furnish in this section?

whatever you might want tohighlight, which in your opinion, will clarify some points/ support your application

Thanks in advace

gmuralik

Post by gmuralik » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:32 pm

Thanks Buddy.

For accomadation, is it sufficent if i can i show hotel booking in UK for about a week? Please advise

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:14 pm

Ya that should be perfectly fine.
This is what many people do. Some arrange to get a letter from a family member/friend who is already in UK.
gmuralik wrote:Thanks Buddy.

For accomadation, is it sufficent if i can i show hotel booking in UK for about a week? Please advise

gordon

Post by gordon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Is is certain that one should leave section 7 blank ? I'd been given to understand that the section applied to HSMP applicants, who do plan to undertake 'permit-free employment'.
AG

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:52 pm

I also thought that we ought to fill in section 7 but got info from some of the successful EC applicants and they informed that it has to be left blank. Not man HSMP holders do have a job while applying for EC and thus no information about the employer, reference number of WP, date till valid etc.

I confirmed the same with the VFS guy also, who looked at my documents and the form.

regards,

push_hsmp

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:22 am

Dear Friends,

I am on the verge of completing my documents for the EC application but I am not able to understand what kind of proof we have to submit to prove that my skill is in demand or i can get a job within short time.

I mean when we search a job on the website and find the vacancies suiting our skills then what next ?.........we should take the print out of that ? IF yes then how many job postings we have to show in hard copy ?

I hope you friends understood my query and help me with your reply.

Thanks in advance
mohan

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:55 am

Mohan76,

Please create a thread of your own (if you have not done it already). I have seen 4-5 threads today and you have posted the same question everywhere.... please desist from cluttering the board. Be patient, People will reply, if you wait for some time - what you are doing might piss then off... And just because I felt irritated on seeing so many posts of yours .. did I decide to write 2 full paragraphs.... I could have advised you otherwise.

regards,

push_hsmp