ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assigning a restricted tier 2 certificate timeline

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smodi
Newly Registered

Assigning a restricted tier 2 certificate timeline

Post by smodi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 am

Hello everyone,

Please can anyone help me in letting me know, how many days it takes to assign an restricted tier 2 certificate?

Kvakas
Newly Registered

Re: Assigning a restricted tier 2 certificate timeline

Post by Kvakas » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:47 pm

If you have been given Restricted COS it takes 5 mins to assign online.
If you have not been given then your company must apply for it first .

srikanti
Newly Registered

Post by srikanti » Mon May 25, 2015 11:32 pm

Hello,

I have a question on Tier-2 general VISA,

i got my tier-2 general visa stamped for a COS(company1) for a month(5th June to 5th July), now I am still in India, did not travel to UK yet. Unfortunately, some company policy demands me to work through the same company2 instead of company1, Now company2 is willing to transfer the VISA to their COS(comanpy2). I am not sure whether company2 has a COS already approved. Can the VISA be transfered between company1 and company2? How long it might take? I am not willing to join company1 if this whole process takes more than 2 months. Please help me take a decision.

NOTE: i am going to do the same job for a UK client but through company2 instead company1.
Company2 is asking me to start my duties from India until the new VISA is issued for me to work in UK? Is this possible or company2 is bluffing?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:43 pm

There is nothing like transfer of visa. You will have to apply for a new visa provided company2 assigns a RCOS to you. If they already have a RCOS approved, assignment does not take time and you should be able to apply for a new visa in few days. However, if they have to do the RLMT process + request for approval, it will take atleast 4-6 weeks minimum. Do ensure that the sponsor is a genuine one (check the sponsor's list on gov.uk) and you are not paying any "fees" for getting a COS or visa for you apart from the usual application fees.