ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exact figure match - Tax statement & Payslips

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seek hsmp

Exact figure match - Tax statement & Payslips

Post by seek hsmp » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:16 am

The gross income on my tax statement is slightly less (0.01%) than the combined total of all payslips provided for the period covered.

But I score 45 points on previous earnings considering either evidence.

Is an exact match required?

I provided bank statements, but did not go for exceptional consideration thinking it may confuse the case worker and may lead to Tax Return or Pay slips being entirely overlooked.

Attached the bank statements - just in case.

But, I believe that for Alternate Evidence - bank statements or letter from employer stating income to be considered, one has to mention exceptional consideration and a strong enough reason for the same.

Unless a strong enough reason is mentioned in exceptional consideration,
alternate documents are not considered.

I know that the case workers like to have a look at OTHER COLLABORATING EVIDENCE to be totally sure, but how is the same possible without exceptional consideration?

One can provide a lot of evidence to prove the required number of points, but how does one make a case worker look at ALL of it?

Sometimes, payslips are fortnightly are overlap the tax year. So a 100% exact match between Tax document and all payslips combined may not be possible.

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:51 am

Any rejections due to GROSS INCOME figures not matching EXACTLY between Tax document and total gross income all Payslips provided?

Applicants who have used ONLY Tax Return & Payslips - please reply.

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:22 am

Any replies?

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:01 am

I used tax return and payslips to demonstrate my salaried employment; the gross earnings on the payslips were materially different from those reported to the tax authority on the tax return. I simply gave them a disaggregation of the deductions (health and dental insurance 2.5%, contributory retirement 20%) that accounted for the difference. That seemed more than adequate.

I don't know that it makes much sense to inundate the caseworker with information; if you can properly explain why the two required pieces of evidence are different (but otherwise consistent with each), then that should be acceptable.

AG

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:40 am

1. My pay slips are fortnightly. So, they overlap the period claimed. My earnings period matches the tax year.

2. Tax is calculated on every 1$ of Taxable income, they drop (truncate) the cents. So, the gross income on tax document is SLIGHLTLY less than sum total on gross pay of all wage slips.

Differnce is less than 3.00 GBP

I mentioned lower of the two as the amount earned.

Also, included Bank Statements, but I did not mention Exceptional Consideration, so I doubt that the case worker would look at this evidence.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:21 am

You can relax dude.

your salary evidence looks proper. A minor difference in the tax return amount and the gross income as calculated using the salary slips will not affect your application, as long as lower of the two amounts (especially the one on ITR) exceeds the limit for the band that you have claimed.

regards,

push_hsmp

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:43 am

honestly we are really obsessing over this stuff and focusing on the wrong details.
My w-2 or p60 has never equaled the gross salary. I applied with a one cent difference and I didn't start panicking, it didn't match. I mean something things are just common sense.
If you think this is something the caseworker can't reconcile, the explain it in a statement.
Even the guidance states that the caseworkers are supposed to give you the higher points if your evidence substantiantes it even if you claim for less, although I haven't heard them do it for anyone yet.

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:26 am

Thanks for the Reassuring Comments.

Hope the case worker is sensible enough. (I faxed a letter to HSMP team explaining this).

touchsensor

Basic Question

Post by touchsensor » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:52 am

Hi there,

I know this sounds very basic but just for knowledge; if you submit an exception request for earnings stating that the tax return eg. P60 doesn't cover the period claimed for HSMP, does that mean that the Case worker overlooks it and verifies other relevant documents submitted eg employers letter,bank statement etc?

Would like to hear some input on this.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Touchsensor

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:11 am

Tax return document not covering the entire period is a STRONG reason for requesting exceptional consideration.
Salaried earnings - I have not got a tax return to cover the full period – what can I do?

Your personal tax return documentation must be submitted wherever it is available. Where you have not yet received this documentation for the current tax year, or if your documents only cover part of the period claimed, you must submit what tax information you have. In addition, you must complete the exceptional consideration box AND send us documentary evidence to support your request for exceptional consideration (this may be your most up-to-date tax return but may also include other documentary evidence to support the reasons you have given).

If you provide sufficient information to support exceptional consideration we will then consider the alternative documentation you have asked us to look at (i.e. Bank statements covering the period claimed for or a letter from your employer stating salary as claimed), and make a decision based on these.
In my case, the tax return document covers the entire period. It is just that the amounts do not EXACTLY match between tax document and all pay slips combined due to reasons mentioned above.

I have also submitted Bank Statements. How do I make a case worker look at these without exceptional consideration?

If I go for exceptional consideration, what reason I should mention?

If the case worker is convinced that the reason is strong enough for exceptional consideration, he MAY overlook required evidence and ONLY refer alternate evidence.

Alternate evidence is not supplementary to Required Evidence. Its one of the two that is considered for decision making.

Tax return not covering not entire period is a different scenario clearly mentioned in HSMP FAQ.

[/quote]