ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General Sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ypirate
Newly Registered

Tier2 General Sponsorship

Post by Ypirate » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi Team,

I have been offered a perm position (Level 6 and above) from one of the IT company's and they are ready to sponsor. I work as Wintel\desktop engineer with salary below 30000pa. I am in T1 PSW work permit and HR advised they would start my visa as I join. My question is Can company give Sponsorship certificate for any job if they are working there already with employer ? one of the rules is machint Shortage of skills list. Can you please advise >?

Regards,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:38 pm

the company can sponsor you under Tier 2 any time, either before or after you joined them as a PSW migrant. For T2 the job has to be at NQF level 6 or, if it is a shortage occupation, at NQF level 4. The salary must be at least the minimum listed under the appropriate SOC code. Switching from PSW you will be a new entrant and RLMT will not be required.

nsharab
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 General Sponsorship

Post by nsharab » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Could you please clarify what is PSW and RLMT

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier2 General Sponsorship

Post by manci » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 pm

you said you were on "T1 PSW work permit" so I expect you know that PSW means post-study work.

RLMT = resident labour market test