ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

members

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by members » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:32 pm

tuhin wrote:Hi,
I would be very grateful and appreciate if anyone can help me in my following issues:
I'm in the UK since 2014 as a student. In Jan 2013 i have applied for human rights case via FLRO and UKBA refused me in Nov and give me the appeal rights. They didn't return me back my passport and and all documents. I appealed against the decission and got my hearing date on 1/8/2014. I'll be 10 years in the UK in 20/6/2014. My ques is without my passport (I don't have any driving licence only have photocopy of my passport) how can I sit for LIUK test & English test? and what's the possibility of getting ILR in this scenarios??
I don't have any criminal records, was outside of UK once only for a month, didn't overstay etc.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

Tuhin
Dear Tuhin,

I think you meant to say you came to this country in 2004.

The people/centres that administer the 'Life in the UK' test would not allow you to sit for the exam without any original ids; photocopies are not accepted either. What you can do is call home office on these numbers: 08450105200 or 08706067766, and explain your situation. Ask them if they can send you a letter saying that they have your ids, or any other arrangements by which you can sit for the exam.

When you hit the 10 years clock on 20/6/2014, you would be able to apply for ILR. But you should seek professional legal advice in this matter as the process is complex. But in a nutshell, your ILR will be granted provided that you meet the other requirements.

Hope this helps.

members

Post by members » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:35 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
boyb82 wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:To ''boyb82''

I am not authorized to read private messages. please ask your query in the forum.

Regards
Can u please forward that official email so I can attaché with my application just to avoid a chance of refusal and loosing the full fees.
Check this FOI request from UKBA regarding expired IELTS acceptance.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/settlement_ielts

If you still need that email than give me ur email address and i will forward that email to you.
abumia@yahoo.com, can i, please, get the email too?

bcyoung
Newly Registered

Post by bcyoung » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:46 pm

I will do! I've just booked my knowledge test (I'm a national of a majority English speaking country, so I don't need to do a language test), and will be booking at Croydon PEO as soon as that's done.
die_hard wrote:Hi bc_young,

Congratulations on your husband's ILR.

You mentioned in your post that you will be going for direct switch SET(M) instead of FLR(M).

Whenever you apply, please share your experience of the direct switch. I am also in the same situation. It will be very helpful.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:36 pm

I am waiting for him to send me email, once I get I will forward it to you as well.

bumia@yahoo.com, can i, please, get the email too?[/quote]

noluck
Newly Registered

Post by noluck » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Anyone got any idea that since when Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for EEA National is in effect?

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:10 pm

boyb82 wrote:can u forward to
razgulzar1001@hotmail.com

thanks

Can u please forward that official email so I can attaché with my application just to avoid a chance of refusal and loosing the full fees.
Email has been forwarded to you and bumia@yahoo.com

If you still need that email than give me ur email address and i will forward that email to you.[/quote][/quote]

members

Post by members » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:19 pm

March_LR14 wrote:

thanks

If you still need that email than give me ur email address and i will forward that email to you.
[/quote][/quote]

my email id is: abumia@yahoo.com; NOT bumia@yahoo.com

members

Post by members » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 pm

members wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:

thanks

[/quote]

my email id is: abumia@yahoo.com; NOT bumia@yahoo.com[/quote]

Don't worry as I have received the e-mail; many thanks!

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Congratulations to everybody and good to see September applications are being processed now.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:57 pm

mskhan78 wrote:First of All Hello to everyone and Congratulations to those who got their Visas as i am new user to this forum. I have a Question to ask. I am completing my 10 Years in February (inshALLAH) . I saw SET (LR) form Section 4 for documents list to provide . Its quite long and i am missing most of these . CAn someone please Guide me with the Exact list for Long Term Residency 10 years Visa . Please . It Will great and kind. Regards
Also I am confused about the start date of 10 years period as i got visa on 8th February and came to UK on 5th MArch. So which date to count and Finally I have Done ACCA and a MASTER DEGREE from UK Do i still need to do English Course? Help Please
Hi mskhan78,

That long list is for those whose passport is missing. In such case they need to send documents from the list. If you got all passports then you don't need to send any documents from the list. Just for peace of mind I sent one bank statement. Just send following documents
1. Form Set(LR)
2. BRP
3. All Passports
4. Photographs
5. Optional (Documents for that particular period for which a passport is missing.)
6. One Bank Statement (Your choice)

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:00 pm

MrA2Z wrote:
mskhan78 wrote:First of All Hello to everyone and Congratulations to those who got their Visas as i am new user to this forum. I have a Question to ask. I am completing my 10 Years in February (inshALLAH) . I saw SET (LR) form Section 4 for documents list to provide . Its quite long and i am missing most of these . CAn someone please Guide me with the Exact list for Long Term Residency 10 years Visa . Please . It Will great and kind. Regards
Also I am confused about the start date of 10 years period as i got visa on 8th February and came to UK on 5th MArch. So which date to count and Finally I have Done ACCA and a MASTER DEGREE from UK Do i still need to do English Course? Help Please
Hi mskhan78,

That long list is for those whose passport is missing. In such case they need to send documents from the list. If you got all passports then you don't need to send any documents from the list. Just for peace of mind I sent one bank statement. Just send following documents
1. Form Set(LR)
2. BRP
3. All Passports
4. Photographs
5. Optional (Documents for that particular period for which a passport is missing
6. One Bank Statement (Your choice)
Hello,
I agree with the above answer to your question,
1) you are only required to submit all listed documents if you do not have all your passports containing your VISAS uptil 10 years.
2) the start date of your 10 years is from 5th March. (count from 5th March 2004)
3) your Masters Degree will be ok. You do not need to do any English test.
4) Remember to add your Life In The UK Test Certificate together with your application when you are sending it.

Hope this helps.

I wish you goodluck
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:07 pm

die_hard wrote:Hi bc_young,

Congratulations on your husband's ILR.

You mentioned in your post that you will be going for direct switch SET(M) instead of FLR(M).

Whenever you apply, please share your experience of the direct switch. I am also in the same situation. It will be very helpful.

Thanks,
die_hard
bcyoung wrote:Hi all,

My husband's ILR arrived today after applying on SET(LR)
Send: 2/9/13
Ack letter: 5/9/13
Bio enrolled: 25 or 28/9/13 (thereabouts, he's not 100% sure)
ILR received: 15/1/14
Passport/documents/approval letter: waiting

It was a straightforward application, 6 years student, 4 years Tier 2. He sent passport, BRP and KOL test pass only. He had been out of the country for about 500 days in 10 years over lots of trips, including one 5 month trip to Australia. We didn't have passport stamps for any of the flights out of the UK and into Australia, but we worked out the dates from old diaries etc. We didn't do an SAR, didn't use a soliciter.

I'll now be applying for SET(M) - we are going to try for the direct switch, as I've been here as his spouse for seven years - as soon as I've done my KOL test.

As a bonus piece of good news, we are expecting a baby, and this ILR mean our baby will be a British citizen from birth!

Thanks everyone for this board, it's been so full of useful advice, and the updates have helped keep us upbeat and positive to see progress slowly happening. Best of luck to everyone, and I hope other September applicants start to see good news too.
Hello bcyoung, am so happy for you and your husband. congratulations.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:38 pm

members wrote:
I would be very grateful and appreciate if anyone can help me in my following issues:
I'm in the UK since 2014 as a student. In Jan 2013 i have applied for human rights case via FLRO and UKBA refused me in Nov and give me the appeal rights. They didn't return me back my passport and and all documents. I appealed against the decission and got my hearing date on 1/8/2014. I'll be 10 years in the UK in 20/6/2014. My ques is without my passport (I don't have any driving licence only have photocopy of my passport) how can I sit for LIUK test & English test? and what's the possibility of getting ILR in this scenarios??
I don't have any criminal records, was outside of UK once only for a month, didn't overstay etc.

Tuhin
Dear Tuhin,

I think you meant to say you came to this country in 2004.

The people/centres that administer the 'Life in the UK' test would not allow you to sit for the exam without any original ids; photocopies are not accepted either. What you can do is call home office on these numbers: 08450105200 or 08706067766, and explain your situation. Ask them if they can send you a letter saying that they have your ids, or any other arrangements by which you can sit for the exam.

When you hit the 10 years clock on 20/6/2014, you would be able to apply for ILR. But you should seek professional legal advice in this matter as the process is complex. But in a nutshell, your ILR will be granted provided that you meet the other requirements.

Hope this helps.
Hello Tuhin,
Here is the link for identification requirements for Life In The Test.

http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... ng_10.html

here is extract from the page:

Do I need to bring any identification to my test?

When you register for a Life in the UK account we'll ask what ID you'll bring with you on the day of your test. It is very important that you bring the same ID that you registered with to your test - if you do not bring the same ID you will not be able to take your test and you will not receive a refund of your test fee.

We'll also ask you for proof of your address. Please bring an original of one of the following (photocopies or printouts will not be accepted):

1) gas/electricity/water bill,
2) a council tax bill,
3) bank or credit card statement (a printed copy of a bank statement is acceptable however it MUST have been stamped and signed by the issuing branch),
4) UK photocard driving licence,
5) or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it.

You won't be able to take your test without the above documents, so please don't forget to bring them with you.

Are there any identification requirements?

Yes, you need to bring original photographic ID with you to your test centre to present to the test supervisor. You must bring one of the following forms of ID (please note photos on all documents must be a true likeness of you for them to be accepted and photocopies of documents will not be accepted):

1) a passport (from your country of origin) - this document may be out of date.
2) a UK (United Kingdom) photocard driving licence, full or provisional - this document must be in date (this can also be used as proof of postcode).
3) one of the following Home Office UK travel documents: a Convention Travel Document (CTD), a Certificate of Identity Document (CID) or a Stateless Person Document (SPD) - this document must be in date.
4) a European Union Identity Card - this document must be in date.
5) an Immigration Status Document, endorsed with a UK Residence Permit and bearing a photo of the holder - this document may be out of date. Please note a UK Residence Permit is only acceptable on an Immigration Status Document not on a Passport.
6) A Biometric Residence Permit - this is a residence permit which holds your biometric information (facial image and fingerprints). This document must be in date.

Hope this helps

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:39 am

Hi Tuhin..

Here is answer to your querry.. indetail

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Please check page 24-25-26 give solution to your anwer..

Brother one request please check you inbox as I have send you personal message and I too need answer for my confusions.. please help me

Tuhin

akb titu
Newly Registered

Post by akb titu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:06 am

I guess like many others as an august applicant still waiting ,dont really jnderstand how does processing work at home office, they clesrly said we process in date order.but I see some septembers done n im happy for them wish I were as lucky, but agust yey to be finished very frustrating wen u dont kknow why.., any answer to that frustration please post a reply also is it something seriously concerning?

khani

Post by khani » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:18 am

HELP HELP HELP

Is there anyone who applied during their cases pending in court i.e under 3C & 3D ????

Do we need to withdraw the pending case or just apply ???? Please let us know the procedure.

Please reply would appreciate.

Thanks

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:47 am

khani wrote:HELP HELP HELP

Is there anyone who applied during their cases pending in court i.e under 3C & 3D ????

Do we need to withdraw the pending case or just apply ???? Please let us know the procedure.

Thanks
Ditto... I got the same situation I am applying and need to know.. There is a case on skydrive a guy got ILR approved in this month where he had 11 months on 3C/3D

khani

Post by khani » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

Thanks
Ditto... I got the same situation I am applying and need to know.. There is a case on skydrive a guy got ILR approved in this month where he had 11 months on 3C/3D
Ya I have seen that post, any contact with him, or someone else who has applied under 3C or 3D, please share the procedure. or any link to old thread where it has been discussed ??? senior members can guide us.

thanks

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:06 pm

My friend applied for ILR in October similar situation.
He was waiting for appeal hearing .He applied for ILR.When acknowledgement comes ,he withdraw appeal and inform home office.He is stiil waiting.

Thanks

khani

Post by khani » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:58 pm

esmsi wrote:My friend applied for ILR in October similar situation.
He was waiting for appeal hearing .He applied for ILR.When acknowledgement comes ,he withdraw appeal and inform home office.He is stiil waiting.

Thanks
Thanks for reply, did he apply the same day after withdrawing appeal or later or applied before withdrawing appeal ??? I heard if we withdraw appeal, stay becomes illegal ??? thanks

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 pm

akb titu wrote:I guess like many others as an august applicant still waiting ,dont really jnderstand how does processing work at home office, they clesrly said we process in date order.but I see some septembers done n im happy for them wish I were as lucky, but agust yey to be finished very frustrating wen u dont kknow why.., any answer to that frustration please post a reply also is it something seriously concerning?
It appears that the Home Office have a SET LR team that are working on August and September applications concurrently...
Richard kindly raised an FOI and posted the outcome a few pages ago, which highlighted that 630 odd August applications (out of 930 odd) had been completed and 85 September Applications (out of 1190) had been completed.

I can understand the anxiety, however the members here are only a tiny sample of the overall ILR applications being processed so I wouldn't get too wound up with results people are posting here, they are indicative at best.

Furthermore, I personally went into this process knowing that the stipulated time to complete the SET (LR) application is 6 months. This is stated on the Home Office website, so when I applied in September, I mentally prepared my self to not hear anything until atleast March. If I happen to get it sooner than that... great!

Judging by the posts in this forum, looks like the Home Office has done very well in bringing down the processing times from 8 months to around 4 months recently. We may sit and debate why it takes them so long in the first place and its not a good service for the price we pay for the application etc, but I don't think thats really going to help.

For those of us who have applied and provided biometrics, the best thing to do is sit tight for 6 months and not think about the application, at least thats how I have approached it.. much better for my peace of mind :)
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:46 pm

khani wrote:
esmsi wrote:My friend applied for ILR in October similar situation.

Thanks
Thanks for reply, did he apply the same day after withdrawing appeal or later or applied before withdrawing appeal ??? I heard if we withdraw appeal, stay becomes illegal ??? thanks
I am waiting for my hearing and today given all the papers to solicitor for ILR he told me we will apply and write a covering letter that pending appeal is being withdrawn at the SAME TIME of this application this way is will not be classed illegal, in case if there is a gap I will be and will loose the right of appeal in case my ILR is refused. On the other hand he will write a letter to tribunal to withdraw my appeal.

I had my wife and my daughter as dependant on appeal waiting to be heard, they are not qualified for ILR but when I withdraw my appeal theirs will be withdrawn automatically hence submitting FLR(M) however he suggested we will do my biomatric straight away for case worker to start working and hopefully under this new customer service charter of HO I will be approved within 6 months till then delay my wife's biomatric and making some excuses etc. soon I get approved she can do her bio and hopefully get result soon too.

naumanch
Newly Registered

Post by naumanch » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:22 pm

bcyoung wrote:Hi all,

My husband's ILR arrived today after applying on SET(LR)
Send: 2/9/13
Ack letter: 5/9/13
Bio enrolled: 25 or 28/9/13 (thereabouts, he's not 100% sure)
ILR received: 15/1/14
Passport/documents/approval letter: waiting

It was a straightforward application, 6 years student, 4 years Tier 2. He sent passport, BRP and KOL test pass only. He had been out of the country for about 500 days in 10 years over lots of trips, including one 5 month trip to Australia. We didn't have passport stamps for any of the flights out of the UK and into Australia, but we worked out the dates from old diaries etc. We didn't do an SAR, didn't use a soliciter.

I'll now be applying for SET(M) - we are going to try for the direct switch, as I've been here as his spouse for seven years - as soon as I've done my KOL test.

As a bonus piece of good news, we are expecting a baby, and this ILR mean our baby will be a British citizen from birth!

Thanks everyone for this board, it's been so full of useful advice, and the updates have helped keep us upbeat and positive to see progress slowly happening. Best of luck to everyone, and I hope other September applicants start to see good news too.

hi all senior members,
could any one please give some suggestions do we have to go through flm or set M as i m in same situation and very much confused.

ht1980
Newly Registered

Post by ht1980 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:49 pm

ILR application on SET(LR):

Application received: 29th August 2013
ILR granted: 06 January 2014
Documents received: 08 January 2014

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:37 am