ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP(FLR) Rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

espedzian
Newly Registered

HSMP(FLR) Rejected

Post by espedzian » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Dear All,
I need your assistance in gaining the HSMP(FLR) or EC.

Background:
I studied in one of the College in London and completed my MBA(Finance).
During studying i got the HSMP approval letter on the basis of my previous earning and education.I applied for FLR and they rejected on the basis that i didnt "obtained the degree qualification on a recognised degree course at a UK publicly funded further or higher education institution or a bonafide UK private education instituition which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance".

FYI,
My college awarded me the American Degree.
I gained my student visa for the same course and from the same college.
I already attached College letter about my Attendance and enrolment.

Dear All,
My question are:
What they mean by bonafide UK private education instituition which maintains the satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance?(Because i got my student visa through this same instituition, now which they are negating)
Is it not allowed to apply for FLR who got the American Degree while studying in the UK.
What are my options, whether to go back to my home country and apply EC.(Is this rejection have some effect on my EC)

Comments and Suggestion are most welcome.

Warm regards,
Espedzian.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:02 pm

If you go back to your own country and apply for EC, I suspect that the result is going to be the same.

The first thing that you should do is to get the NARIC certification- caseworkers look at NARIC database while verifying the equivalency of any degree to a UK Bachelors or Master's course. I am a bit confused here because, if the course is not recognised then how did you get the HSMP approval in the first place :?:

You may also want to speak to the concerned caseworker to understand, what actually is wrong.

regards,

push_hsmp

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:37 pm

"Is it not allowed to apply for FLR who got the American Degree while studying in the UK. "

Bingo.
________
WEEDTRACKER
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

espedzian
Newly Registered

Post by espedzian » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Thanks Push_HSMP and WoodieG,
I already got my MSc before on which i apply HSMP and got approved,and this is my second master(MBA) which i did in UK and prefer to apply FLR from here as compare to go back to my country. The reason to do FLR from here, because couple of interviews are coming up and i dont want miss these opportunities.

Some body confirm me please wheter it is allowed to apply FLR if you got American Degree while studying in UK. :?:

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:11 pm

You can't get FLR with an American degree, you'll have to get EC instead.
________
WHOLESALE VAPORIZER
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:12 am

FLR guidelines clearly puts a condition that you can switch from a student VISA to HSMP VISA, only if you have done a Degree Course from UK, which in your case does not seem to be satisfied.
regards,

push_hsmp

PounceQuick

Post by PounceQuick » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:12 pm

I don't understand. I thought to get FLR(HSMP) they only need your HSMP letter and proof to support yourself in UK, which usually is the last 3 months bank statement. I have friends who didn't even submit it and get the FLR(HSMP) anyway.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Esper I am sure you are leaving some helpful details out.
For instance, how is it that the school in London is awarding a USA degree, do they not award a UK degree with it,
I think going back to the very begining with how you got the student visa and what you submitted, etc will very helpful, there are too many cross purposes responses in this thread.

dellfan

Re: HSMP(FLR) Rejected

Post by dellfan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:18 pm

Hello espedzian,

The College in London is it DFES registered ...And can you please tell me the time scales of your application..Becoz even i have applied for FLR and waiting for the result i have sent my application on 8 june and i havent had a result but got a letter from BIA requesting me to send the photos again as they misplaced my photos but never heard any thing since then....Much appreciated if you can give me your time scale and for you reference i am giving to the link where you can get more information regarding your refusal

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... rguidance/

Hope this helps you
espedzian wrote:Dear All,
I need your assistance in gaining the HSMP(FLR) or EC.

Background:
I studied in one of the College in London and completed my MBA(Finance).
During studying i got the HSMP approval letter on the basis of my previous earning and education.I applied for FLR and they rejected on the basis that i didnt "obtained the degree qualification on a recognised degree course at a UK publicly funded further or higher education institution or a bonafide UK private education instituition which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance".

FYI,
My college awarded me the American Degree.
I gained my student visa for the same course and from the same college.
I already attached College letter about my Attendance and enrolment.

Dear All,
My question are:
What they mean by bonafide UK private education instituition which maintains the satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance?(Because i got my student visa through this same instituition, now which they are negating)
Is it not allowed to apply for FLR who got the American Degree while studying in the UK.
What are my options, whether to go back to my home country and apply EC.(Is this rejection have some effect on my EC)

Comments and Suggestion are most welcome.

Warm regards,
Espedzian.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:25 pm

Look no way u can get Flr stamped here,if u have done a degree from a so called college,everyone can get MBA degree from college and home office also knew it,u need to get a proper degree from a insitute who are authorised to issue degree too,colleges are not authorised to issued degree on their own,some issued irish and some american,but these all just a piece of paper no more than that,
So to get ur status changed from student to hsmp inside uk u need to have a degree or a postgraduate diploma froma bonafide insitute,like universities.
Hope u can understand now,but i think u must knew it before bcz u knew better how u get that degree.
best of luck for ec.

mooty

my situation

Post by mooty » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:34 pm

hi there

I'm stuck in a same limbo. I can't figure it out what to do in that situation. the fiasco began when I started postgraduate study in 2003 in Manchester University and successfully finished in 2006. since then I'm studying in a College in Manchester. I know these colleges don't offer recognized degree despite their claim to be registered with dfes and all. now I fear that when I am going to apply my first time FLR (HSMP) I will bear the same conquences as the originator of this post. the more intersting bit in this fiasco is that I have not had my student visa extention on this college, in fact, prior to enrollment in a college I had obtained admission in salford university, got visa extention then left the course and join the college due cheap courses available in this college but soon I realise I made a mistake.
then got HSMP in May, now I am looking forward to apply FLR HSMP in near future. now I am no longer attending this college since I got my HSMP. my question is that could I get flr hsmp on the basis of my previous postgraduate which I successfully done from Man University whithout mentioning anything of this college or the my abandonment of salford university.

thanx in advance

espedzian
Newly Registered

Post by espedzian » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:11 am

Dear All,
I agree with the ssoct98, but now the question is how i can get away with this.I am already stuck, Coul you please guide me what are my options now,

1. Go back and apply EC, if yes then how can i present my case infront of the EC officer so that my FLR rejection couldnt affect on my EC.

For Deflan,
College is in London and its registered with DFES.
I applied on 12 june and got response on 23 june.

thanks in advance.

espedzian
Newly Registered

Post by espedzian » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:12 am

Dear All,
I agree with the ssoct98, but now the question is how i can get away with this.I am already stuck, Coul you please guide me what are my options now,

1. Go back and apply EC, if yes then how can i present my case infront of the EC officer so that my FLR rejection couldnt affect on my EC.

For Deflan,

thanks in advance.

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:29 am

Hello espedzian,

Thanks for your reply..Even though your college is DFES registered the MBA certificate that u submited might have been issued by the AMERICAN educational institution ....and what happened in your case is the Case worker might have searched DFES register using the Uni/Coll that awarded you the degree instead of the college that u studied...Havent you given an option for review....and also if you are given chance for review i would advice to chk with NARIC before applying for review on the same course....

For Deflan,

thanks in advance.

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:29 am

Hello espedzian,

Thanks for your reply..Even though your college is DFES registered the MBA certificate that u submited might have been issued by the AMERICAN educational institution ....and what happened in your case is the Case worker might have searched DFES register using the Uni/Coll that awarded you the degree instead of the college that u studied...Havent you given an option for review....and also if you are given chance for review i would advice to chk with NARIC before applying for review on the same course....

For Deflan,

thanks in advance.