ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk residence permit not in passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katiepop

Uk residence permit not in passport

Post by katiepop » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:06 am

My husband is applying for a schengan visa to visit Spain (with me -British spouse)

It seems straightforward except for that part that says "uk residence permit in passport". He has ILR from 2010 on a piece of paper not in passport. This has never been an issue travelling abroad before but we've never been to Europe so I'm a bit wary.

I know it would be a good idea to ring the Spanish consulate and ask but I'm a bit reluctant to draw attention to the issue.

I know he could apply for NTL stamp or biometric card but we're a bit short of time to do this now. And I don't really see why he should when his document is perfectly valid.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of this. Am I reading too much into the wording. Maybe they will accept the permit as it is??? *trying to be optimistic*

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Uk residence permit not in passport

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Make the application, you are entitled to the visa if accompanying or joining EU national.

katiepop

Post by katiepop » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Just an update for anyone who may find themselves asking this question in the future.

We submitted the application at the Spanish consulate today and nothing was said by the officer about the permit not being in the passport. He was happy with the documents provided and said to expect the visa in the next couple of weeks so hopefully the application will go smoothly and this isn't an issue.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:14 pm

I hope so too, please post back when you have the result.