ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL certificate not received PEO on 21st Jan

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aarnags

ESOL certificate not received PEO on 21st Jan

Post by aarnags » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi,

My dependent sat in ESOL grade 5 exam on the 20th December through a Test center which is affiliated to Trinity College.
Earlier they told certificate will come by first-second week of Jan. But the center still have not received it.

We have got copy of Examination report which mentioned the result, registration number, signature of examiner.

We have appointment on 21st Jan at Croydon, so just getting worried if they will make any delay in granting ILR.

Does anyone had gone through same situation before ?

Please expert advise ?

Thanks

WR1

Re: ESOL certificate not received PEO on 21st Jan

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:04 am

With only less than a week left, see if you chase it up with the centre to speed things up.

Failing that, You may want to explain the situation at the appointment taking the examination report with you, and see if they will delay the outcome pending the arrival of the certificate.

Failing that, you may need to apply for a extension.

I would probably at this stage seek professional advice for the best course of action, or someone may be able to advice better.

Is there is a reason you left it to the last minute doing the English test. I've already had my other half do the English test and will be booking the Life in the UK test in the next couple of months, but I won't be applying for ILR for at least another 18 months. Since the tests only has to be done once, it saves a headache leaving it till last, and its two tests out of the way, done and dusted.

Sorry the last part is not much useful advice to you now, but i'm hoping for other people reading this post will realise to "get the English & LIUK tests done now" and not leave it till the last minute when they apply for ILR.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:39 am

How long you VISA is valid ? You can re-schedule your appointment upto 5 days before your appointment date.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:47 pm

My visa is valid until 14 Feb.

It was mistake at my part of delaying it so long for this test at my wife.
I was not aware that getting certificate take such a long time.

Will case worker hold the application for all (Main applicant, Dependent-child & wife)?
Or Approve my and child application and hold for wife ?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm

Not sure how case worker is going to decide on the application . What is the problem in re-sheduling it ? You have VISA until 14th feb . You can reshedule it to last week of jan or first week of feb and you can have your wife's certificate by that time . This way you can be sure from your side that you have got all the things required.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:37 pm

I asked for query to UKBA team, they suggest to get a letter from test center.

I do not want to delay PEO appointment for some reason.

Expert or anyone can suggest if this helps or they will accept it.

=========================================
Dear Sir,

I cannot advise on what will happen at the PEO appointment. However, a letter from the establishment where the test was taken, together with the examination report should assist the decision maker when considering the application, provided the contact details of the examination centre are on one or both of these documents.

Kind regards

Ann
Ann Woodall | Nationality Operational Policy| Operational Policy & Rules Unit|Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:14 pm

It is the samething what i have said . It depends upon the CW . They may consider test report as suggested below . Anyway , if you are going as per the schedule then go with positive mind that they are going to accept it . Please do report outcome here which can help others . All the best !

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:19 pm

I would highly advise if you reschedule the appointment closer to the visa expiry date to give you ample time unless you have strong reason not to do so. The decision lies with the CW and if he/she accepts the application without an actual certificate and considers the results instead, then great. But be prepared for the worst case scenario as this will be a costly method and time consuming process

If you are unsuccessful, you would have to apply for a visa extension (if your visa expires before you get the certificate) At this point, you have already lost £1426 for the initial ILR appointment, visa extension will cost another £578 (by post), and applying for ILR again will cost £1051 or another £1426 depending on whether you apply by post or in person. Not to mention time consuming process of filling in forms, collecting documents to be submitted etc...

The response from the Home Office doesn't confirm anything. It just places the decision in the hands of the case worker who will consider your application.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Today test center told they will receive the certificate in next 2-3 days.. finger crossed :(

I am the main applicant and this certificate is for my dependent.

In worst case if go with exam report and document from test center.
Will they refuse for both of us
Or
grant ILR to me and hold for dependent
Or
delayed for both of us ?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Trying to get my head around this.

I assume you are making two applications for ILR, one for yourself and one for your spouse .

If you already satisfy the requirements for English language ability and LIUK, then this shouldn't be a problem for you.

However, for your dependent's case, the decision rests with the case worker who will consider the application. Its unpredictable what the outcome will be.

For the test centre to receive the certificate in 2-3 days means they won't have it till Friday or Monday (your appointment day). Its very very tight, but then you will need to collect it from the test centre. (if they allow collections, otherwise it may have to be posted in which case you won't get it in time, best to contact the test centre to confirm)

Lets just hope for the best. Do keep us updated with the outcome. It will be useful info for those who may find themselves in the same predicament.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:30 pm

My appointment is on next Tuesday.
Test center saying they will receive it tomorrow, hoping for the best.

For worst case,
- Can I exclude my wife name from ILR application now and she do later postal application ?
- Or On appointment day I tell this to case worker ?
- Is there any possibilty to exclude from current appointment ?

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Well it also depends on which Test your dependant has given. If you look at the PDF which lists the tests acceptable for dependants, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf, most of the tests do not even require any document to be sent to or attach with your application (for tests taken on or after 6 April 2013). They are automatically sent to Home Office or are available online via website to the Home Office as soon as they become available, and the PDF clearly states that your test result could be verified using Cambridge English online system using name, date of birth and passport number. You can even check yourself I think (but depending on the test given) whether your result has become available or not. I think the web address for that is http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-a ... ts-online/ but you will have to register depending on which exam your dependant took. If this works for you and you are able to view your result online, you can go ahead with your appointment and not worry as the result is available in the system that Home Office will use to verify. Hope this helps
Regards,
KM

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 pm

She sat for ESOL Grade 5 which same as Entry level 3 B1 through Trinity college authorized center.
I can not find any online login details for Trinity college.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:42 pm

The test your other half did is not ESOL Entry Level 3

Unfortunately the ESOL Grade 5 exam is showing on the list as needing to produce a certificate. It is on the list on the very last page. It shows as Graded Examination in Spoken English and grade 5 is Level B1.

It's very unfortunate as 90% of the tests no longer require a certificate that include ESOL Entry Level 3, PET, KET, IETLS etc...

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Just to let you know that today we got certificate and feeling very much relax.
Now We can go with positive mind set.
Thanks for your replies and giving advise.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:17 pm

That's great news.

Good luck with your appointment.