ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal - permanent address query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fusion2014

Indian passport renewal - permanent address query

Post by fusion2014 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:22 pm

When I had got the passport initially
1) current address was Bangalore
2) permanent address was Andhrapradesh
Last page of the passport contains the current address i.e., Bangalore.

Now I am going for renewal
1) current address is UK
2) Permanent address is still same (i.e., Andhrapradesh)
Which address will be shown in the last page of renewed passport , is it UK address?
Which address proofs should I need to provide now,
UK or India or both?
Thanks in advance.

ban.s

Re: Indian passport renewal - permanent address query

Post by ban.s » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Current address will be printed but i have passports with perm address printed as well.
definitely carry proof of current address as this information has changed since your previous passport.

fusion2014

Post by fusion2014 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:32 am

ban.s wrote:Current address will be printed but i have passports with perm address printed as well.
definitely carry proof of current address as this information has changed since your previous passport.
1) while submitting the application in person, address proof for present UK Address is NOT taken. It is re-turned.
The person in the counter who is collecting the applications is over acting ( behaving as if he is the passport officer). Asking for the documents which are not mentioned in the application or guidelines.
2) address proof for India permanent address is accepted.
I am not sure which address will be printed in the passport present UK address or India permanent address. Base on the documents they have taken, it seems India permanent address might be printed.
I will post the reply after I am receiving the renewed passport.

fusion2014

Post by fusion2014 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:37 pm

2) Address india permanent address is printed on the passport.

mahesh537
Newly Registered

Post by mahesh537 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Hello Brother,

I am in the same Situation, did you go to PSK in Hyderabad(Permanent Address) or PSK in Bangalore (Passport Address)? I am in confusion, whether to visit PSK in Bangalore (as per my Address in passport) or visit PSK in Hyderabad( as per my Permanent Address)? Can you select any PSK while booking an appointment? or it is listing only PSK's for your Jurisdiction (Permanent Address)? Did you apply in Tatkal or Normal mode? How many day it took for you to get new Passport? Sorry for many questions.

Thanks,
Mahesh