ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit claim for TIER1 general VISA

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sambeet
Newly Registered

Child benefit claim for TIER1 general VISA

Post by sambeet » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:24 am

Hi
I would highly appreciate if someone can assist me in finding a answer for my querry.
I cam to UK on 2006 as student , on 2007 I got Fresh Talent Scheme VISA and from 2009 I am on TIER1 general VISA. Also I want to mention I am full tax payer since 2008. I am due for my ILR application on Apr 2014. Recently I had a baby and my wife has claimed Child benefit. Before claiming the benefit I sent a mail to Child health office regarding my eligbility as in my VISA its written no recourse to public funds. But they replied that they can't tell my eligibility untill I apply for the funding. In my application I clearly mentioned about my current immigration status and also sent the UKBA VISA sanction letter. The claim was approved and she is recieving the benefit in her a/c. I am still confused my eligibilty for this benefit as the CHO never replied a straight answer.

Could someone please answer whether this child benefit claim can affect my ILR application.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:06 am

Child benefit is claimed by parents rather than the child. Assuming your wife is a PBS dependant, your status and that of your partner does not permit you to receive child benefit. You need to rectify this matter immediately as it will affect your ILR application. Deregister, pay it back and get a letter from HMRC declaring that you have done so. Seek professional help if you are unsure how to proceed.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:47 am

What Country are you native and your partner?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sambeet
Newly Registered

Post by sambeet » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:00 am

Hi Amber
We both are from India, I came to UK on Sep 2006 and my wife came on 2010.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:15 am

I assume your spouse is a PBS dep. Stop the claim and tell them it's an administrative error, get them to admit this in writing and it should not be an issue.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sambeet
Newly Registered

Thanks for the reply

Post by sambeet » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:04 am

Thank you very much for the kind reply. I informed them and they cancelled the benefit now. I really appreciate the valuable suggestion.

yogeeta75
United Kingdom

Re: Child benefit claim for TIER1 general VISA

Post by yogeeta75 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:53 pm

I am in the same situation but we are from mauritius - can we still claim?
will that affect the ILR later?

Thanks

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:40 pm

yogeeta75 wrote:I am in the same situation but we are from mauritius - can we still claim?
will that affect the ILR later?

Thanks
yes it will effect your ILR application. Please do not claim benefit because you are under immigration control.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:23 pm

yes it will effect your ILR application. Please do not claim benefit because you are under immigration control

please don't give wrong information and please don't advice anyone if you are not sure about the subject

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Theprideofpak, please see here (click).