ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 REFUSED- Reapply or appeal?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IMMIENQ
Newly Registered

EEA2 REFUSED- Reapply or appeal?

Post by IMMIENQ » Thu May 16, 2013 11:49 am

I was wondering if you would be able to give advice on a matter of extreme urgency.I am the non EU spouse of an EU citizen.I got married to her on the 22nd of January 2013 in Leicester.I was on a post study work visa valid till the 31st of January 2013.I applied for a residence card using a EEA2 form on the 24th of January 2013.My wife was a Job seeker when I applied.We in error forgot to include payslips showing that she was working for a year before she lost her job.I received a refusal in the post yesterday with the right to appeal with the reason for refusal being lack of documentation to prove that my wife was in employment for 12 months before becoming a job seeker.Another development that has taken place is that she is now in full time employment since the 7th of may.I was considering reapplying instead of appealing against the rejection. Just wanted advice as to whether it is the right course of action I am contemplating.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 REFUSED- Reapply or appeal?

Post by Babz » Thu May 16, 2013 12:21 pm

IMMIENQ wrote:I was wondering if you would be able to give advice on a matter of extreme urgency.I am the non EU spouse of an EU citizen.I got married to her on the 22nd of January 2013 in Leicester.I was on a post study work visa valid till the 31st of January 2013.I applied for a residence card using a EEA2 form on the 24th of January 2013.My wife was a Job seeker when I applied.We in error forgot to include payslips showing that she was working for a year before she lost her job.I received a refusal in the post yesterday with the right to appeal with the reason for refusal being lack of documentation to prove that my wife was in employment for 12 months before becoming a job seeker.Another development that has taken place is that she is now in full time employment since the 7th of may.I was considering reapplying instead of appealing against the rejection. Just wanted advice as to whether it is the right course of action I am contemplating.
Reapply...That is your best option

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Since now your wife is exercising the most easiest mode of treaty rights i.e employment. Therefore, you have both good options either re-apply/appeal. But re-apply can takes 6/6+ months and on the other hand appeal can be quicker.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu May 16, 2013 3:22 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Since now your wife is exercising the most easiest mode of treaty rights i.e employment. Therefore, you have both good options either re-apply/appeal. But re-apply can takes 6/6+ months and on the other hand appeal can be quicker.
at the moment,new EEA applications are taking in average of 2 months

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Babz wrote: at the moment,new EEA applications are taking in average of 2 months
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=52881
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu May 16, 2013 11:05 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
Babz wrote: at the moment,new EEA applications are taking in average of 2 months
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=52881
Applications this year have been taking on average 2 months

alan247
Newly Registered

child's passport

Post by alan247 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:01 pm

pls my wife just applied for eea2 but she is pregnant then when the baby is born what type of passport will our baby can apply pls bc am very curios....tnx....
Last edited by alan247 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:29 pm

alan247 wrote:my gf applied for eea2 and we just got a letter of interview that we should come but my gf is 8 and half months pregnant she cant sit for a long time and she is likely to put to bed anytime from today and they asked us to come next week, I don't want anything to stress her bc we tried for this baby for a very long time its planned moreover I don't want to miss the interview but my gf and the baby is more important am thinking if we get a letter from her surgery telling that she cant come bc of the nature of her pregnancy will the letter be enough or should I risk it by going who know she might start having contaction on our way or during the interview my gf is becoming weak everyday pls advice me am from Hungarian my gf is from china....
You will not be expected to travel and attend the interview in such case. Just call the HO and explain your circumstances. The fact that your wife is now pregnant should remove any doubt about your marriage.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

alan247
Newly Registered

Post by alan247 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Jambo wrote:
alan247 wrote:my gf applied for eea2 and we just got a letter of interview that we should come but my gf is 8 and half months pregnant she cant sit for a long time and she is likely to put to bed anytime from today and they asked us to come next week, I don't want anything to stress her bc we tried for this baby for a very long time its planned moreover I don't want to miss the interview but my gf and the baby is more important am thinking if we get a letter from her surgery telling that she cant come bc of the nature of her pregnancy will the letter be enough or should I risk it by going who know she might start having contaction on our way or during the interview my gf is becoming weak everyday pls advice me am from Hungarian my gf is from china....
You will not be expected to travel and attend the interview in such case. Just call the HO and explain your circumstances. The fact that your wife is now pregnant should remove any doubt about your marriage.
well my

alan247
Newly Registered

Post by alan247 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:46 pm

alan247 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
well my RC was refused toady....am very sad bc the lawyer asked me tp pay up b4 telling me further but it has been refused am looking forward for the birth of our son...