ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:40 am

naumanch wrote:
bcyoung wrote:Hi all,

My husband's ILR arrived today after applying on SET(LR)
Send: 2/9/13
Ack letter: 5/9/13
Bio enrolled: 25 or 28/9/13 (thereabouts, he's not 100% sure)
ILR received: 15/1/14
Passport/documents/approval letter: waiting

It was a straightforward application, 6 years student, 4 years Tier 2. He sent passport, BRP and KOL test pass only. He had been out of the country for about 500 days in 10 years over lots of trips, including one 5 month trip to Australia. We didn't have passport stamps for any of the flights out of the UK and into Australia, but we worked out the dates from old diaries etc. We didn't do an SAR, didn't use a soliciter.

I'll now be applying for SET(M) - we are going to try for the direct switch, as I've been here as his spouse for seven years - as soon as I've done my KOL test.

As a bonus piece of good news, we are expecting a baby, and this ILR mean our baby will be a British citizen from birth!

Thanks everyone for this board, it's been so full of useful advice, and the updates have helped keep us upbeat and positive to see progress slowly happening. Best of luck to everyone, and I hope other September applicants start to see good news too.

hi all senior members,
could any one please give some suggestions do we have to go through flm or set M as i m in same situation and very much confused.

Hello naumanch,
please explain your case in detail so that we (members) can advise you accordingly. :lol:
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:02 am

naumanch wrote:hi all,

as i got ILR on 10 years base.and i have couple of questions.
1. my wife and my daughter(Born outside uk) are in uk and my dependent since 2007 and my visa was tier 1 general in 2007 now ILR.
2. i have son born here in 2013 while my status was tier 1 general.

now i got ilr and i need to apply for them as i understand from this forum if i go to the PEO appointment i can get ILR if apply through set M rather then swithcing to flr M. if so what is percentage of getting it and if so why not in post i can get ilr.

second my son will apply using MN1 as now a days long process for that can i apply for him set M and get ilr as well or i can only apply MN1.

thankx for help in advance.
naumanch

Hello naumanch,
1) As per your son born here in 2013, please use application form MN1 to register him as a BC
2) As per your wife and daughter, i would advice you to try PEO with SET (M) application, no guarantee that you would get it though, because you are meant to use FLR (M) for your wife first, then apply for her with SET(M) immediately after they granted her leave to remain on FLR(M)
it is only the chance you have to take, you might just be lucky and your wife would get ILR on SET(M) in PEO office nut i if you want to do that , then fill out FLR(M) and keep it in separate folder but take it with you to the PEO just incase if the Case worker insist that your wife needs to use FLR(M) first then before SET(M).

Hope this helps. : :!:

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:09 am

tweetiebird wrote:I am in shock, I posted only a few days ago to be put in skydrive expecting to get letter end of Feb at earliest but am happy to report I got my approval letter Saturday 09th January (but was not home to receive it so only collected it today). Thank God and thank you for this wonderful board and the support here. Wishing everyone else the best.

Please update the skydrive:

Application sent: 3rd October 2013
Acknowledgement Letter: 7th October 2013
Biometics Letter: 22nd October 2013
Biometrics done: 25th October 2013
Approval Letter and Passports: 9th January 2014
BRP: Waiting

I have to say that I sent them two extra letters post application. One to explain I had travel plans in December and January (for holiday) which were ignored. I then have an urgent work trip end of January and so my employer sent a letter and faxes asking for expediting the process, I also called the case worker to ask for expediting. They never said they would expedite it. So I am not sure if this is just the natural processing time it would have taken anyway.

Hello tweetiebird
Congratulations, i think the letters you wrote must have been honored and made your application a bit faster than the normal processing time. HO is too proud to admit it but i guess your letters must have been acted upon.
Goodluck in you Naturalisation application in 12 months time.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:24 am

Hi,

Is it OK to highlight filled fields on application form?

Regards

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:43 am

Congrate and still waiting mate
ht1980 wrote:ILR application on SET(LR):

Application received: 29th August 2013
ILR granted: 06 January 2014
Documents received: 08 January 2014

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:44 am

Nothing said on application form . My suggestion is NO
March_LR14 wrote:Hi,

Is it OK to highlight filled fields on application form?

Regards

Mustakim
Newly Registered

Post by Mustakim » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:30 pm

HI Friends

i have a question if you guys can help

I have applied my set ( lr ) on 15th may 2013 and also sent my wife's flr (m) with it with covering letters. and i did my bio metric on 2nd aug.

i still havnt heard anything back from the ukba. can anybody explain why?

is it bcoz they have to check my wife's application after finishing my application.? is that why they are taking so long?

ur advice on this will be hugely appreciated.

many thanks
Mustakim

Ibthisam
Newly Registered

Post by Ibthisam » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Praise be to Almighty God

I received my approval letter this morning and BRP to be followed on a seperate post.

22 weeks to get it approved. Taken longer due to a Tribunal appeal to my wife's Tier 4 application(main applicant) back in 2010( I think as a possible reason but not sure).

I was really stressed out in the past month as everyone applied after me got approval but mine was still yellow on the Skydrive so please guys don't be surprised it doesn't need to be the same for every applicant and sit tight and be positive.

Thank you for everyone who cared about me and everyone else in the forum.

Hard working members hats off for you.

Keep posting your experience so someone somewhere wil find it useful as recently I found no B1 is needed for my wife's FLR(M) as she has got IELTS( expired in 2007) still valid for the purpose. I think even solicitors don't know these stuff we find out using the help of hardworking members.

Well done everyone. Congratulations to everyone who got approval recently and Best of luck for everyone waiting for good news.

Hope to hear all your good news.

Kindest regards
Ibthisam.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Congrate. You applied on 21/08/13
Acknowledgement received: 28/08/13
Biometric enrolled: 09/09/13
Ibthisam wrote:Praise be to Almighty God

I received my approval letter this morning and BRP to be followed on a seperate post.

22 weeks to get it approved. Taken longer due to a Tribunal appeal to my wife's Tier 4 application(main applicant) back in 2010( I think as a possible reason but not sure).

I was really stressed out in the past month as everyone applied after me got approval but mine was still yellow on the Skydrive so please guys don't be surprised it doesn't need to be the same for every applicant and sit tight and be positive.

Keep posting your experience so someone somewhere wil find it useful as recently I found no B1 is needed for my wife's FLR(M) as she has got IELTS( expired in 2007) still valid for the purpose. I think even solicitors don't know these stuff we find out using the help of hardworking members.

Well done everyone. Congratulations to everyone who got approval recently and Best of luck for everyone waiting for good news.

Kindest regards
Ibthisam.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Mustakim wrote:HI Friends

i have a question if you guys can help

I have applied my set ( lr ) on 15th may 2013 and also sent my wife's flr (m) with it with covering letters. and i did my bio metric on 2nd aug.

i still havnt heard anything back from the ukba. can anybody explain why?

is it bcoz they have to check my wife's application after finishing my application.? is that why they are taking so long?

ur advice on this will be hugely appreciated.

many thanks
Mustakim
Hello Mustakim,
please give us more information about your application so that we can advise or contribute accordingly. Your timeline, how you completed your 10 year journey. if you have had any gap between renewals?
thanks

Ibthisam
Newly Registered

Post by Ibthisam » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Yes Esmi, approval date 17/01/14

[quote][/quote][quote="esmsi"]Congrate. You applied on 21/08/13
Acknowledgement received: 28/08/13
Biometric enrolled: 09/09/13

[quote="Ibthisam"]Praise be to Almighty God

Kindest regards
Ibthisam.[/quote][/quote]

Mustakim
Newly Registered

Post by Mustakim » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi Spatacus

Thanks for ur reply.

I came to uk in 6th june 2003. Was on student visa for 6 years psw for 2 years n tier 1 for 2 years n I applied nearly 20 days before completion on my 10 years as my tier 1 was expiring on 17th may 2013.
My wife came in feb 2007 as my dependant n has been my deoendant since. We had a baby born here in 2012.

So I sent my set (LR) along with my wife ( and baby )'s flr (M)
On 15th may n did my bio metric On 2nd august. It has been 8 montgs since I applied but havent heard anything from ukba.

I have read somewhere that almost all the set (lr) application sent in August have been completed by ukba but mine was in May still havent heard anything

I was thinking that after finishing my application tgey have to take decision on my wife's application. Is that why tgey are taking so long?

I m thinking to call them on Monday now but if you can enlighten me on what I should do or why they are taking so long then it would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

Mustakim

nhbloke
Newly Registered

Post by nhbloke » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:55 pm

Application received: 02 September 2013
Biometric enrolled: 23 September 2013
ILR granted: 16 January 2014
Documents received: 18 January 2014
Please update my records.

virgono1
Newly Registered

Post by virgono1 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:21 am

Hi guys
Just to update you guys here is my timeline so far.
Applied on: 26th Nov 2013
acknowledgement: 4th Dec 2013
Bio invitation: 31 Dec 2013
Bio Enrolled: 4th Jan 2014
Decision: Pending

Kindly update on Sky drive
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... lIX1L1ri_4

Regards

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:38 am

Congrate .September is running
nhbloke wrote:Application received: 02 September 2013
Biometric enrolled: 23 September 2013
ILR granted: 16 January 2014
Documents received: 18 January 2014
Please update my records.

khani

Post by khani » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:16 am

Hi

Anyone know about the Gap effect on application ??? I applied for tier 4 extension in 2008 before my visa expiry date, but few days later HO retrurn my application as invalid as I forgot to fill the criminal part of application. They asked me to fill it and return, i did the same but cant remember when I sent my application again it was before or after expiry of my visa.

thanks

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:22 am

khani wrote:Hi

Anyone know about the Gap effect on application ??? I applied for tier 4 extension in 2008 before my visa expiry date, but few days later HO retrurn my application as invalid as I forgot to fill the criminal part of application. They asked me to fill it and return, i did the same but cant remember when I sent my application again it was before or after expiry of my visa.

thanks
You ate allowed 28 days gap. So if you have returned your file within 28 days it should be allowed by HO.

If you not sure you can ask HO to provide all your immigration history in FOI request by providing your details.

This way they will send all your applications case worker notes etc . Whatever they have on file for you . You can then determine when you have returned your application.

I have requested that way.

naumanch
Newly Registered

Post by naumanch » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:02 am

Spatacus wrote:
naumanch wrote:hi all,

as i got ILR on 10 years base.and i have couple of questions.
1. my wife and my daughter(Born outside uk) are in uk and my dependent since 2007 and my visa was tier 1 general in 2007 now ILR.
2. i have son born here in 2013 while my status was tier 1 general.

now i got ilr and i need to apply for them as i understand from this forum if i go to the PEO appointment i can get ILR if apply through set M rather then swithcing to flr M. if so what is percentage of getting it and if so why not in post i can get ilr.

second my son will apply using MN1 as now a days long process for that can i apply for him set M and get ilr as well or i can only apply MN1.

thankx for help in advance.
naumanch

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive reply.

Hello naumanch,
1) As per your son born here in 2013, please use application form MN1 to register him as a BC
2) As per your wife and daughter, i would advice you to try PEO with SET (M) application, no guarantee that you would get it though, because you are meant to use FLR (M) for your wife first, then apply for her with SET(M) immediately after they granted her leave to remain on FLR(M)
it is only the chance you have to take, you might just be lucky and your wife would get ILR on SET(M) in PEO office nut i if you want to do that , then fill out FLR(M) and keep it in separate folder but take it with you to the PEO just incase if the Case worker insist that your wife needs to use FLR(M) first then before SET(M).

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive reply.

Hope this helps. : :!:

fahmeeda52
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by fahmeeda52 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:13 am

Hello Everyone & Happy New Year

I have applied my ILR on 10 years basis on 4th of September 2013 and still waiting for the decision. Could anyone tell me, how long it will take? Thanks

Details:
Application sent: 4/09/13
Ackowledgement & Biometric received : 20/10/2013
Biometric enrolled: 24/09/13
Now waiting......

Really this is a fantastic forum & special tanks to the admin to create a such a informatics page.

fahmeeda52
Newly Registered

Re: Finally I have got my ILR

Post by fahmeeda52 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:05 am

kaamartei wrote:To God the Almighty be the Glory. May His name be praised and worship. I just got my ILR today 12/09/2013. I received the Biometeric card and my documents today after waiting for six months and 14 days. Our God his great and I wish all the best of luck as they wait for their ILR, He did it for me and He will do it for you too. I have update my skydrive.
Congratulations

Could you please tell me what sky drive and how to use it? Thanks

fahmeeda52
Newly Registered

Post by fahmeeda52 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:28 am

Hello Everyone

Could anyone please explain me what is sky drive and how to operate it? can someone please add me on skydive.

I have applied my ILR on 10 years basis on 4th of September 2013 and still waiting for the decision. Could anyone tell me, how long it will take? Thanks

Details:
Application sent: 4/09/13
Ackowledgement & Biometric received : 20/10/2013
Biometric enrolled: 24/09/13
Now waiting......

k79
Newly Registered

Post by k79 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi friend
Plz update you my timeline so far.
Applied on: 16th sept 2013
acknowledgement: 18th sept 2013
Bio invitation: 5 oct 2013
Bio Enrolled: 8 oct 2013
Decision: Pending : :(
passport & documents : waiting :roll:
Biometric Card:waiting :roll:
Last edited by k79 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khani

Post by khani » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
khani wrote:Hi

thanks
You ate allowed 28 days gap. So if you have returned your file within 28 days it should be allowed by HO.

If you not sure you can ask HO to provide all your immigration history in FOI request by providing your details.

This way they will send all your applications case worker notes etc . Whatever they have on file for you . You can then determine when you have returned your application.

I have requested that way.

Thanks, are you sure 28 days gap is allowed ?? I was checking some posts here, some say 10 days gap is on discretion of case worker ??? Yes I definitely submitted it well before 28 days.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi Immigration Gurus,

I will be applying for LR in this month. Quick question please suggest.

I have Tier 1 general expires in Jun 2016, Im eligible for LR now. If LR is refused, My previous status should still valid isn't?
Just precautionary question.

Please suggest.

Many Thanks.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:56 pm

If ILR is refused, your previous status still valid
rmkirfan wrote:Hi Immigration Gurus,

I will be applying for LR in this month. Quick question please suggest.

I have Tier 1 general expires in Jun 2016, Im eligible for LR now. If LR is refused, My previous status should still valid isn't?
Just precautionary question.

Please suggest.

Many Thanks.