ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate showing married surname for my wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ketanvora
Newly Registered

Marriage Certificate showing married surname for my wife

Post by ketanvora » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:48 pm

I would be applying for ILR along with my wife (dependent) in the next few months. My wife and I both have Masters degree from a UKBA recognised university in India and meet the need for the English language requirement. My spouse's degree certificate shows her maiden surname as this was obtained before our marriage (as expected). However, the issue is that in our marriage certificate, her name is with my (married) surname and there is no mention of her maiden surname. All her other documents like passport, driving license are with my (married) surname except the old education degree certificate.

With the marriage certificate not showing her maiden surname, how do I establish that her degree certificate (with her maiden name) is indeed her certificate? Can I produce a sworn affidavit to confirm that her maiden name (as shown in the degree certificate) and her legal name now (as shown in the passport, marriage certificate) is for the same person i.e my wife?
Please help.

lakshmi28
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Certificate showing married surname for my wife

Post by lakshmi28 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi ketanvora,

Will be in similar situation for my ILR as well. Could you please let me know the procedure for that.

Thanks,
Lakshmi.