ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 and time before marriage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daneshmand
Newly Registered

EEA4 and time before marriage

Post by daneshmand » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi everybody,
I came to the UK in 2007 on student visa and met my wife which is an EU national in 2009. After few months we started living together and decided to get married after two years in 2011. I got my 5yrs eea family visa in the same year and my wife got her permanent residency few months after.
I know that I can apply for permanent residency after 5years but Is it possible to include the two years before marriage that we livied together in this five years qualifying period? if yes, what sort of supporting documents do I need to provide?
I have heard from few members here that they had the same case and they were successful with their application but I don't know how true is that?
2007 - came to the UK as a student
2009 - Started living with my girlfriend
2011 - married to my gf and got FP
2014 - can I apply for Pr?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA4 and time before marriage

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Generally, you need to have been living in the UK as the family member of an EU national for five years. For those who are not automatically family members - e.g. durable partners, they require to have their status confirmed first. You don't appear to have done this.

In short, you need to wait for five years post marriage.