ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I called UKBA this morning..

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

obormot
Member of Standing
France

I called UKBA this morning..

Post by obormot » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:20 am

We submitted EEA 2 application (for my 68 years old mother) on July 17. Got COA in 3 weeks, got passports back in August, and then nothing.
I called UKBA this morning, gave them the case number, and I was told that the decision was made yesterday, and documents are "placed in the secured area" where they are on hold to be sent to us, and that it should be mailed to us shortly (I asked to verify the address, and they confirmed that the address is correct).
Is it a good sign or a bad sign? I.e. is it typically positive or negative decision in such cases? Or no one could tell until we get the mail?

Artur1
Newly Registered

Re: I called UKBA this morning..

Post by Artur1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:24 am

No one be able to tell you until you get the mail

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:38 pm

This question has been asked on numerous occasions, and I don't recall viewing a thread where the person wrote back to say the decision was negative. So that's a good sign, perhaps, but nobody can say for sure until you've received the package. :)

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:57 pm

@ Obomort

Can i ask you what number did you use to contact UKBA ?

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:36 pm

I called 0151 672 5626 (I found it on this forum, they said it is a "real one" behind 0843 515 8133).
It was around 9:05-9:10 a guy answered in 1 minute.
I am still wandering, how can it be that they did not look for the case for 6 months, and then exactly when I call it is that the case "was decided yesterday". Could it be that when somebody calls about a late case, they are instructed to say that the decision was just made "yesterday", and then mark it for deciding tomorrow?
That seems a typical behavior on many other jobs..