ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayer.....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lanna
Newly Registered

overstayer.....

Post by lanna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:54 pm

i'm an overstayer living in the u.k. 6 years now........i'm leaving to return home soon! I'm a bit worried that i might be pulled over by immigration.....

could someone please tell me if this 'would' or 'wouldn't' happen?? ...

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:55 pm

they are happy to see you go, that's why they stopped monitoring the exits although this may change soon

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:59 pm

The unofficial advice on these boards is to leave on a late evening flight and preferably from one of the smaller airports. If the immigration officers have no record of you leaving now they may never know you overstayed your visa.

lanna
Newly Registered

overstayer.....

Post by lanna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:02 pm

i have already book my flight which is a saturday morning flight....chances are i will bring attention to myself, yeah??

Jeff Albright

Re: overstayer.....

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:59 pm

lanna wrote:i have already book my flight which is a saturday morning flight....chances are i will bring attention to myself, yeah??
If it is through Heathrow or Gatwick, you may. Suggest flying from Manchester.

lanna
Newly Registered

overstayer......

Post by lanna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:04 pm

i don't really have a choice......where i'm going the flights only leave from gatwick an heathrow!!

Now i'm even more worried!!! :shock:

lanna
Newly Registered

overstayer....

Post by lanna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:10 pm

what would they do if i DID get pulled over??

please someone, i'm freaking out here!!! :shock:

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:19 pm

If they are in a really, really bad mood they'll stamp your passport before they allow you to leave.

lanna
Newly Registered

overstayer.......

Post by lanna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:24 pm

thank you very much all of you for your help an taking the time to reply.....
:wink:
i must say, i'm not looking foward to leavin at all but, it have to be done b4 i get caught and be deported!!

i really hope one day i'll be able to come back....i really love it here in the u.k.!!! :)

can anyone tell me what my chances of this happening are??

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:32 pm

No one can tell you what chances are...
Suggest you just walk through, try not to talk to anyone and don't sign anything. They cannot force you, as you have already crossed the border once you have gone past security.

lanna
Newly Registered

overstayer.......

Post by lanna » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:52 am

thanks a bunch! :D

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:18 am

Jeff,
Security is not a border; they immigration people have jurisdiction over anyone inside the airport in any place; if he manages to get to an airplane he may be under different jurisdiction.

If he is stoped he has to follow the instructions, not signing a document may bring additional checks and a more detailed enquiry (plus security at the airports is very tight and you wouldn't want to get more attention)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:38 am

Perhaps they are - I must admit I am not familiar with this type of situation, never experienced it. This was over top of my head.
However, it is still up to the person to sign or not to sign. If you sign, you agree, if you don't - you don't - it is still up to you.
Technically, they cannot prevent her from leaving or detain her for not answering questions or having no documents. They have powers under the Immigration Rules and they question and assess passengers on arrival, i.e. whether they qualify for entry under the Immigration Rules. The Rules have no effect on leaving passengers, not as far as things stand at the moment. Therefore, speaking in terms of the relevant law, they have no power to force her to sign anything or make her answer their questions. She may simply say "no comment" and that's all.
It is always advisable to cooperate in such situations and behave reasonably to avoid problems in the future. However, it is still up to the person - it is their decision.
Also, the criminal offences for not producing passport on request, etc. only apply to inward passengers traffic.
We can only see how she goes...

yusufjee
Newly Registered

Post by yusufjee » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:56 am

I had overstay last year of three months and i was interviewed at the airport as to why i overstayed. They let me go without fingerprinting and retina scanning on me. But did write on my passport that i overstayed in big words which is costing me now for new student visa.

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:46 am

1. They are likely to check your visa
2. If it is overstayed then they will refer it to IO's at the heathrow
3. IO may fingerprint you and give you a form ISI51A
4. They may also write something on your passport

Advice

1. Early morning or late night flights
2. Look confident
3. Try to walk straight out as your plane is leaving in 1 minute but stop if you asked
4.Think of a real good story what and why you overstayed

Good Luck

But whatever you do make sure you are accompanied by a friend or family as the journey after this check will be a journey to hell

Best of Luck my friend