ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will time spent while waiting for JR counted towards 10 year

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakhtoon77

Will time spent while waiting for JR counted towards 10 year

Post by pakhtoon77 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:45 pm

hi everyone, a lot of people are in this situation where they need about 1 years and few months to complete 10 years and there visas get rejected. so if they go for appeal , it takes about 8 months roughly, and then if not given hearing right at upper tribunal, they can go for JR and complete there remaining 6 months in JR process. My solicitor says it is counted towards 10 years . this literally means that if someone get refused a visa and they need 12 to 16 months to complete 10 years. they can safely complete 10 years by going through 1st TR and then JR and they are safe for 10 years irrespective of appeal outcome. what are your expert opinions on this...

adi786

Re: Will time spent while waiting for JR counted towards 10

Post by adi786 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:16 pm

@ pakhtoon77
Ask your solicitor again bz as far as i know if a person get rejected in appeal then 10 yrs ILR will break it will not count towards legal stay

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:35 pm

No. JR doesn't extend leave under Section 3C/3D.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pakhtoon77

Post by pakhtoon77 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:00 pm

That's alarming news to know.....since I am quite sure my solicitor asked me not to worry and that any refusal can be dragged in courts for upto 15 months....but FTT as far as I know will normally take upto 8 months and UTT is an uncertain thing to rely on since one might not get allowed to appeal to UTT.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:19 pm

time spent under FTT or UTT may counted towards long residency should u get positive outcome of appeal... as moderator mentioned time spent under JR will not counted towards long residency.

pakhtoon77

Post by pakhtoon77 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Darvesh, time spent while waiting for FTT and UTT is counted towards 10 years irrespective of the outcome....which means someone can withdraw his appeal at anytime if his 10 years is completed and hearing pending.