ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Spouse visa, but worried about bank statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bigphil
Mood:
England

Applied for Spouse visa, but worried about bank statements

Post by bigphil » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:17 am

Hi guys,

We just applied for a spouse visa in Accra, for my wife to come live with me in England, it's been five days, the wait is so horrible and I'm getting a bad feeling about something on the application that might cause us issues,

My 6 payslips are from :
[JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER NOVEMBER DECEMBER]

Although 6 months of bank statements span over :
[AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER NOVEMBER DECEMBER JANUARY]

I got my bank statements printed around January 6th and my flight been on January 10th, all Natwest could possibly do for me at that time was print from August 1st to January 6th, which does span over 6 months, but January isn't really a complete month and just sums up my latest balance, and Julys payment would not have been visible on those bank statements which is really frustrating me, we've been spending so much time working this process out and it seems we might fail on the first basic hurdle of getting the bank statements right.

Does anyone know if under these circumstances UKBA may just request a copy of the previous month, perhaps picking up that I have spanned 6 months in my statements but didn't cover the month of July, the first payslip?

If not, is it feasible to appeal on this if it does get refused, and then provide the July statement? or is this against the rules?

Thanks very much
Phil

Rayking

Re: Applied for Spouse visa, but worried about bank statemen

Post by Rayking » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:18 am

Phil,
Just relax your mind,as long as you meet the financial requirements of 18600,got your P60 and all that,bank statements ain't gonna be the only thing they will be looking at ok,just be positive and you'll be fine.
I understand some of this ECO are very mean,but the law says h should ask for more document if he's not satisfied before making his decision if that would make him change his mind.
Don't make a mistake of sending additional documents if he hasn't requested for it ok,that can expose you to more scrutiny.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:20 am

Sorry I have to disagree.
There's a possibility it may be overlooked, but ECO may not request anything and refuse... then the whole appeal route which is often long and drawn out.

The bank statements need to reflect each payslip. I also felt that they ask for a lot of information which all seems to repeat
itself but it's an unnecessary risk to assume that they will just approve or request more documents.
Since you have already submitted, you could contact the embassy/high commission and ask if you can forward more information or wait for a response. Contact Natwest and ask for the July statement in full.

bigphil
Mood:
England

Post by bigphil » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for taking some time to read over my post.

...the eternal wait begins - now that the application is submitted I really doubt they'll let me submit anymore supporting docs, I guess they have to draw the line at some point... sadly.

I just hope if they do pick up on it they see it as "insignificant" or they just have a bit of decency to ask me to send it, in the mean time I'll get natwest to get me a full July statement and maybe a letter to accompany it just saying when I requested the statements they weren't able to go back further than 6 months at the branch.

Has anyone else been in a similar issue and been refused on this ground alone?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 pm

No harm in asking...

Anyway, assuming everything else is sufficient, and they do refuse on that basis your application will be put on hold and you will have the opportunity to forward more documents on regarding your finance.

bigphil
Mood:
England

Post by bigphil » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:16 pm

You're right,

I'll give VFS a call tomorrow and explain the situation, it seems people have managed to get VFS to forward on scanned documents etc to the embassy quoting the app number, so with a bit of luck whilst it's still early days they will consider it.

Thanks for the input...

Phil