ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Issue on BRP -Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahsag
Newly Registered

Date of Issue on BRP -Urgent

Post by fahsag » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi All -

Just a quick question - I went to the one day service for ILR last year on 29th January 2013 and was approved same day, however when the BRP came it had the issue date of 5th Feb 2013.

Now having in mind 29th Jan, I booked the appointment with NCS on 29th Jan 2014. Just wondering if I needed to wait until 5th Feb 2014 before sending the application or am I ok as the approve date of ILR is 29 Jan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fahad

fahsag
Newly Registered

Re: Date of Issue on BRP -Urgent

Post by fahsag » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 am

Hi - Can someone please reply to this...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 am

Date of granting ILR is the one that matters. Have you got a proof (letter?) that ILR was granted on 29th? Then you should be fine. The BRP issue date is just the issue date of the card, not the ILR issue date.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

fahsag
Newly Registered

Post by fahsag » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks for the response. I do have a letter dated 29th but that just says that your documents and BRP will be returned in the post and all the other information. Does not specifically mention that the ILR is granted today. On the safe side I am thinking to re-arrange my appointment with NCS for the 5th Feb?

Thanks
Fahad